Why are you trying to lose weight?

In the past if you'd asked me this I would have listed looking good as my main reason for losing weight, however more and more (as I get a bit older I guess) I'm doing it for my health. With a history of heart problems, diabetes and strokes in my family I'm finally realising that losing weight is the best thing I can do for my health.

I'd be interested to hear what your motivation is.

To have more energy to run round after the kids .. And to look good as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am trying to lose weight because I gained so much so quickly and needed to do something asap.

I have multiple sclerosis and all the meds I am on blew me up and I put on nearly 3 stone in just over 6 months. I think the weight lose will help me feel better and should help a little with the fatigue.

Plus I looked at photos of me in July and was disgusted :rolleyes:

My first reason is health, even though right now i am fine i know it wil catch up with me eventually as i also have a family history of heart disease, strokes and diabetes.
My second reason is confidence in myself which i lost a long time ago thanks to being bullied about my size. i have never recovered from that and so maybe by losing the weight i might be a lot more confident.
3rd reason is to buy decent clothes that suit and not always look like a flump x

stivesliz said:
Beacause I am fat xxx

Seriously ? because I have kept myself hidden away for too long due to my weight and I'm not a shy retiring person x

That's me, because I need to! I am 5ft 4ins and 11st 4 so really need to be 10 stone. My clothes became uncomfortable, I feel fat when I'm out and it's just not what I want to feel anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

First reason my health, I want rid of my aches and pains! 2nd to look good, which at the moment I am getting more and more reclusive and not wanting to go places because of how I look.

I need to do this beacuse... i am so self concious of my size now that i am finding excuses not to go out, i have got no nice photos of me and my 2 little girls, my clothes don't fit, i am always tired and will be healthier if i drop a few stone, have no sex drive :nono: - the list could go on and on!!

im doing this because i am fat my health is not very good my clothes dont fit me and my kids are very worried about me

I want to loose weight for my son so that he has a healthy mummy, so that I have more energy for him and me and confidence, to look good and to be able to wear the clothes I want to wear and also to get fit.

Hi, I just don't feel attractive anymore. I'm not interested in attracting anyone, but I would like to think I was attractive, if you get my meaning. So purely vanity reasons for me, oh and I horse ride so less weight would make it easier for me, and the horse :deadhorse:.

Mines vanity that spurs me on now - I want to look good, I want to wear nice clothes. Feel pretty girly and sexy!

I'm 22 and I've never felt that way - I've always had to choose clothes that cover me up that hide my fat and I don't want to do that anymore!!!

(But confession time what started my weight Loss was I was convinced my weight was weakening my pelvic floor and I was sure I was getting some leakage down below! That was horrendous! - thankfully I have no worried there now lol!)

My new found love of exercise keeps me healthy but the weightloss is for vanity! Xx

Don't feel attractive at all.
Going to Florida in May and want to look good like my sister in law does :)
Want to be healthy to start a family.
Recently engaged and don't want to be a fat bride.
Want my confident back.

heifer said:
Im going to Orlando on the 29th April lets do this together

Yep! Sounds like a plan :) I go on May 4th

I'm not sure mate, I know that sounds terrible lol but there is 7 of us going and I haven't seen it - all I know is we are getting a villa for the 2 weeks :) I can't wait as I have never been before!

I wish i had never found Orlando, as i would off been so well off lol. We have been five years running and next again year we are planning to go for a month.
It is the best place on earth from Weather, food, people, theme parks, water parks, shops and last but not least food. Be prepared to go back every year. May is a great time aswell as it is quieter and weather is just getting hot and no humidity. Please ask nearer the time if you need any advice as i can help out. With places to go etc.

Back