Step 1 Sole Source Why aren't I loosing very much weight :-( So close to giving up!

Sarahdramateacher

Hello All,

Sorry to moan and give a negative post but I am in desperate need of support/advice. I am so close to giving up everything I have done on the Cambridge Sole Source diet. I have been on the diet for 7 weeks and have done okay, loosing 31lb in the 7 weeks, however I am so close to giving up. All of a sudden, my weight losses have been really rubbish and it's making me feel really demotivated an upset.

I have worked so blooming hard, not cheating and doing it by the books, determind to loose weight - yet this week (and two weeks ago) iv only lost 1 or 2lb. I know I should be pleased that iv lost, however it feels really demotivating knowing iv passed on romantic meals, nights out and work partys to ensure I stick to the diet. Knowing iv given up so much, to loose so little feels horrible.

My weight loss has been as follows:

October -
01.10.2012 - 16 st 2lb08.10.2012 - 15 st 7lb -9
15.10.2012 - 15 st 3lb -4
22.10.2012 - 14 st 11lb -6
29.10.2012 -14 st 7lb - 4

23lb month 1

November -
05.11.2012 - 14 st 5lb -2
12.11.2012 - 13st 13lb -5
19.11.2012 - 13st 12lb -1

31lb in total (7 weeks)

I know every little lb adds up, but I just can't help feeling that 1lb for £50 and a lot of effort seems so rubbish and disappointing. I keep thinking if I loose 1lb a week for my final 6 weeks of Sole Source then I won't even loose half a stone and that just makes me feel rubbish.

Does anyone have any advice? I just don't know how to improve my losses - I don't want to quit, but just am sad and demotivated from my bad loss.

Help / encouragement muchly appreciated!

Many thanks,

A demotivated sole sourcer!

Ooh, I couldn't read that and run!

First things first, a big hug. :hug99:

Second, a big round of applause! You've lost loads of weight! :clap: Well done!

Thirdly, your losses look exactly right to me. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. You 'only' lost a pound this week because you lost 5lbs last week. You had a 2lb loss, a 5lb loss and then a 1lb loss. 8lbs in 3 weeks. If you'd had a 2lb loss followed by a 3lb loss followed by another 3lb loss, you'd be feeling ok about this. :)

Weight doesn't come off in even chunks on any diet. It comes off in fits and starts. That's because of water fluctuations, not because fat isn't coming off. And that would be exactly the same if you were doing WW, SW or calorie counting.

Cambridge is, by far, the fastest way to lose weight. Try not to look at losses on a week by week basis - look at what you're losing over a month and average it out.

Don't be discouraged, you're doing brilliantly! :winner:

Sarah, congratulations on such great weight loss. You have done so well and should be feeling incredibly proud of yourself. Lilly always gives out such great advice, and yet again she seems to have hit the nail on the head. We want to loose regular amounts of weight, but it doesn't happen that way and we get disappointed if its just 1 pound or 2. I really hope you give yourself a huge pat on the back and stick with it.

Well done and good luck for the rest of your journey.

Heidi

Thank you so much for the support - you will be pleased to know I haven't quit yet! I'm going to see my weigh in next Monday. It's strange, I know I didnt put on weight, but today iv woke up feeling really bloated, round and as if I have put on weight. It's so demotivating :-(... I just feel really crappy.

It just seems a lot of money and social events I'm missing, to only loose 1lb. Is there anything I could do to up my weight loss? I'm on 4 CD products, because of my height, should I cut down to 3? I'm drinking at least 2litres of water a day and nothing has passed my mouth other than the CD products. Is it common just to stop loosing?

Thank you so much for your support. It's horrible knowing I'm trying really hard and not seeing the results. I would do anything to keep a 3/4lb loss a week - and not feel bloated and fat. (no excuses either, no where near ladies week!)

Xx

Sarahdramateacher said:
Thank you so much for the support - you will be pleased to know I haven't quit yet! I'm going to see my weigh in next Monday. It's strange, I know I didnt put on weight, but today iv woke up feeling really bloated, round and as if I have put on weight. It's so demotivating :-(... I just feel really crappy.

It just seems a lot of money and social events I'm missing, to only loose 1lb. Is there anything I could do to up my weight loss? I'm on 4 CD products, because of my height, should I cut down to 3? I'm drinking at least 2litres of water a day and nothing has passed my mouth other than the CD products. Is it common just to stop loosing?

Thank you so much for your support. It's horrible knowing I'm trying really hard and not seeing the results. I would do anything to keep a 3/4lb loss a week - and not feel bloated and fat. (no excuses either, no where near ladies week!)

Xx

But you are losing 3lbs a week! You've lost 12lbs in the past 4 weeks - that's 3 pounds a week. In 7 weeks you've lost 31lbs - you do know that's actually more than 4lbs a week?

You've got to look at the bigger picture. You haven't only lost a pound this week, you've lost more than that. It's just it's not going to show up until next week or even the week after. You can't read anything into what the scales say. They lie! And yes, it's very common to have weeks where losses are smaller than we'd like. But they're usually followed by a bigger loss the week after. :)

So no, there's nothing you can do to speed things up. Water intake is fine. You need those 4 products, so don't even think about cutting down to 3. It wouldn't make any difference at all, in fact, it might make matters worse because being taller, you need more nutrients.

There will be weeks where the scales don't move much. There will be weeks where they move far more than you could have imagined. But as you get smaller, the losses will inevitably be smaller - 2-3lbs a week average instead of 3-4lbs. Your calorie requirements get lower the smaller you are.

You cannot, repeat, cannot lose weight faster on any other diet. Hang in there, and all the hard work will be rewarded. Promise!

Thank you so much. I am going to listen to your wise words and stick to it and hopefully keep loosing! I am so determind to do it, that I want it to be successful!!

Thank you do much again :) x

Back