Why can you only have one bar a day?

skinnycookietobe

Hi everyone,

I had weigh in the other day and I said I'd like 50% shakes and the other 50% bars! She said no you can't have more than one bar a day, I did ask why but what she said didn't make sense? Can someone explain pls :confused::confused::mad:

They are slightly higher carbs than the shakes *i think* and if you have too many it could knock you out of ketosis x

Iv had two bars a day for a week before and i was fine! I even had a good loss that week with only drinking two litres of water even though ur meant to drink a lil more when having bars! Its not a major problem at all!

Baby_r said:
Its not a major problem at all!

I wonder why they tell us not to then :/ if I could have 4 bars a day instead of shakes I defo would!

They are higher in carbs, but also they contain malitol so more bars than recommended could possibly have a laxative effect and cause diarrhoea.

I have been naughty a couple of times and have had two Peanut Crunch bars in a day and always have the same results and that is severe wind with tummy cramps which is not good if you are planning to go out.

Oh well the week before last, I had three in one day as I didn't know. I was fine! Ah well better not play with fire

I have 2 bars every day :) my CDC is fine with it she just warned me before hand that they could have a laxative effect but they help me to go as I was getting constipated before hand :( xx

I think some CDC's are ok about u having peanut cranberry or mint bars X2 a day. My friend does and her losses are great xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

I have asked my CDC this as I wanted to have 2 a day whilst in work for convenience as I do not like tetras, she said crunchy ones are fine, it shouldnt affect losses but can cause wind and laxative effects etc, howevere I ahve doen this over the weekend just to check (didn;t wamt to risk forst time in work) and have been fine, so from Friday I am going to have 2 bars probably every other day!

See how I get on xx

lovelyle said:
Hi

I have asked my CDC this as I wanted to have 2 a day whilst in work for convenience as I do not like tetras, she said crunchy ones are fine, it shouldnt affect losses but can cause wind and laxative effects etc, howevere I ahve doen this over the weekend just to check (didn;t wamt to risk forst time in work) and have been fine, so from Friday I am going to have 2 bars probably every other day!

See how I get on xx

To be honest that's be a bonus for me as I get constipated lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That makes sense - the crunchy bars have never had any ill effects on me, but the chewy ones can sometimes make me feel very bloaty and unsettled in my stomach.

Back