Why cant I get back in the zone? :(

marzipanda

So, I started the journey on Jan 3rd this year and I have managed to lose 15.8 lbs since then. Still proud of this but I need to sort it out!
I had set my goal date to be in may and want to atleast get a little more off before then.
I did lose a little more but I lost control and had a few days off the diet resulting in a gain.
I am now struggling to get back into it, like really struggling.
I started a new job the begining of March and its been pretty intense training because there is alot of information to soak up, thus making it impossible for me to focus on dieting!
I did still manage to lose 1lb this week which has shocked me because of the food I have eaten the past couple of weeks but I have been walking to and from work some days ( thats 1 and half hours each way) and i cant keep doing that because I start nights on monday and i am not walking to work in the dark :( I think I will still walk home when I finish at 9am but we will see.

I thought id start a diary just to help myself record my progress, daily food log etc.
and I would appreciate any guidance, motivation stories etc! I really want to do this but I need a kick up the bum!!!

thanks.

Hi Marzipanda... When it comes to the kick up the bum I think we all need that at some time or another!!
Looks like you are doing very well anyway.. stop beating yourself up girl!! I'm sure if you relax and keep doing what you are doing everything will come out roses in the end...after all 15lbs since Jan is very good so just be pleased with yourself for getting this far...and try to relax abit more. Most probably your angst over the new job and all it entails is not helping but, let's face it... a NEW JOB! YAY!! ..Enjoy!

:clap:

Hi Marzipanda... When it comes to the kick up the bum I think we all need that at some time or another!!
Looks like you are doing very well anyway.. stop beating yourself up girl!! I'm sure if you relax and keep doing what you are doing everything will come out roses in the end...after all 15lbs since Jan is very good so just be pleased with yourself for getting this far...and try to relax abit more. Most probably your angst over the new job and all it entails is not helping but, let's face it... a NEW JOB! YAY!! ..Enjoy!

:clap:

i know i should be proud ive done so well already but it would be so much more of a loss if i hadnt fallen off the wagon so many times. I managed to get down to 11st 9lbs and then ruined it! bah! My partner is doing so well with his diet hes lost almost 3 stone and normally this would motivate me to do the same but he goes to the gym and i cant afford a gym membership at the minute! and even if i could i work nights so thats going to make it difficult.

I think it does all just boil down to the angst over the new job because i so badly want to be good at it! arghgghghg. Im so frustrated that even while moaning about my lack of ability to get back into the zone as much as i want to i also cant stop thiking about bad foood! :(

LOL I really need to sort my mindset out, going to spend this weekend preparing my plan of action and then get the ball rolling on Monday. I gotta do this, Summer is just around the corner and I cant stand the thought of being overweight, sweaty and uncomfortable.

Planning is great and good for you in getting down to it.
Having a partner who is doing really well is quite daunting but don't measure yourself against that as men can always lose weight so much faster than women...Forget about your past misdemeanors and just concentrate on the here and now and leave the future to look after itself...
You CAN do this!!

I can do this! Thankyou. Ive decided ill start tomorrow as that gives me exactly 2 weeks till the end of the month. Ill not weigh untill the 31st. Well, ill try not to weigh! Atleast 30 mins on the bike a day for the next 2 weeks. And on my 10.5 hour night shifts i only get 3 15 minute breaks so i think the plan of action is to have nuts and fruits to snack on then have my breakfast/dinner when i get home at 10am. I think this will work. Fingers crossed

Are there any little things you can do? Like take the stairs? Or take 10 minutes to go in an empty hallway and just move from side to side while swinging your arms?

Well i work on the 3rd floor and the esculators are usually out of action so the stairs are the only way:) ill be walking to and from the bus station (20 mins each way) every day aswell. As for swinging my arms around i think thats a great idea but ill save it for when im settled and people know me haha. I have woken up the right frame of mind this morning, ready to get the ball rolling. I weighed again this morning and lost just under a pound. So as of today i am 11 stone 11.8 lb. Go me!

Back