Why can't I just give it a chance!

Dan8317

Hey all,
I'm a serial dieter and have tried all the usual sw, ww, ccing etc. I join and rejoin groups but never really give myself a chance. I went back to sw on Thursday but have been rubbish ever since. I can't get out of counting points or calories and continually compare the diets in my head.

I haven't posted on here in a while but looking back I've been doing this now for years and just can't seem to break the cycle. The reason I want to do sw is that I use points, cals on rubbish foods instead of making healthy meals and I need to change my eating habits instead of accommodating them.

Any suggestion would be appreciated x
Thanks
Dan

Take a look at the recipes on here & make yourself some meals you'd normally eat.

keep some low syn treats about so you don't feel deprived, don't give in if you have one off plan meal, ignore it & continue with SW.

Up until this point (hopefully) I've been exactly the same. Starting a diet, following it half heartedly until the weekends then going completely off the rails and getting upset because I haven't lost weight even though "I'm on a diet" (hhmmm, who am I kidding!).

Tough as it is, the key is sticking to the plan consistently (which is also the hard bit of course), if you can just give it a good go it will work for you. Of course that's easier said than done, but SW is such a wonderful plan if you can adapt it to work for you. Set mini-targets, up the exercise, found some SW meals that you love.

You can do this, good luck :)

Probably need to try to understand when it goes wrong for you and anticipate and plan for it. If you're mixing up plans maybe roughly work out what you'll have for the whole week in one go and stick to that. Or is it a particular food, mood, time of day, etc. is it snacks, main meals, etc you struggle with? I'd say plan ahead as much as you can so you can deal with the things that normally stop you sticking to plan. Hope that helps. Good luck

Back