Why cant i stick to a diet?

newstart_2012

Hi everyone,

I've been reading everyone's posts for months and I keep struggling to stick to a diet.

I know I can do it but dnt know why I start off well then fail. So tired of that, I'm sure I've restarted about 10 times this year. I have about 6/7 stones to lose. I hate the way I look. I'm so tired of feeling sorry for myself. It's my own fault.

I've got s&s shakes and some cd. And restarting today. Wish me luck.

You need to get the first week under your belt. If you stick to CD 100% during this time you could be looking at a 10-14lb loss, if you have 7 stone to lose. Seeing that sort of loss will spur you on and then, the rest of the journey will become more tolerable.

Try and forget the failures in the past and instead take one day at a time. I did CD successfully and am now maintaining. I know how hard it can be and sometimes I was going from hour to hour in an attempt not to cave in.

So, all you need to do for today is concentrate on completing it. Three shakes, two litre of water. You CAN do this because the time is right and you need to. You are not a complete slave to your cravings - show them who is boss and get the party started : )

Hi,

Its really important not to beat yourself up for things that have happened in the past, I was 18st 7lbs when i joined lighterlife 7 years years ago and lost 7 stone, but I let old habbits get the better of me and within 2 years I ended up putting all the weight back on with interest until the summer of 2010 I reached 23st 1lb. For a long time all I could focus on was how I hadn't been able to maintain and I was mentally beating myself up everyday, but I came to realize that non of that actually matters, all thats important is where you are today and the choices you make for yourself today. You can do it, so don't give up.

Thanks both. I'm trying mini steps. Cutting down carbs then starting vlcd tomorrow. I feel at the right place now mentality. I won't beat myself up if I have a bad diet day, will come on here and talk about it.

Thanks so much.

Been there, done that. You want something so much but just keep failing at achieving it. Its so soul destroying.

This is the first time I've really stuck at a diet.

I tried a few different things 1200 cals a day, TFR, low carb etc and always given in.

Something in me just clicked this time and i started calorie counting again about three months ago. I set a sensible daily amount as 1200 was ridiculously low for someone my height and weight (5'11 and started at 20stone 13lb)
So far i have recorded everything ive eaten for that whole time. I had a couple of planned bigger eats for events and a couple of unplanned (but controlled) bigger eats.

Being so heavy i needed something that would be sustainable for the long run and that slow and steady will get me there eventually.
Hard when i want everything yesterday.

I really think dieting successfully is about two things; your head being in the right place and also finding the right diet for you.

It sounds like you head is in the right place now so I'm sure you'll kick it.

come and talk to us BEFORE you have the bad day : )

Don't eat on CD... makes it tougher to get back into. I learnt this myself the hard way.

I was going to say the same as others, your head being in the right place is half the battle. I tried to start Lipotrim several times over the summer but I just wasnt ready, I started again this month and even though Ive had slipups Im so determined not to let that stop me. You only fail if you give up!

Thanks all.

Had a few cups of tea, water and a shake. I more than want to do it this time. I NEED to. I want to really start living and stop myself from missing out on experiences.

Don't think of it in terms of having to lose 7 stone.

Can you fill out your stats? Say for example that you are 17 stone. Can you make your goal weight 15 stone 13lbs? It's achievable and..when you get there, you amend the target to , say, 14 stone 13 and so on and so forth.

I have lost 6 stone and 2 lbs - from over 15 stone to 9 stone 1. You can do this you know.

Back