Extra Easy why cant i stop snacking?

misschaos

Hi lovely slimming world people!

I love slimming world, last time I lost 22lbs in 12 weeks!

So now I've only got 48lbs to lose (started off with over 100!) I've rejoined. Today is day 4 and I've got a problem.

From when I get up to when I finish work I am so good. I plan my syns, have my fruit, my meals are free, prepare my lunch.

But the moment I leave work its all down hill.

Day 1 - hi fi bar, Tuna pasta onions, fish and mushy peas. Light mayo (2) choc at work (4)

Then I got home and ate all the left over pizza! And half a bag of mini mallows.

Day 2 - same as day 1 but no Mayo. Dinner was salad mash and spicy fish. Choc (2)

At home I had quarter jar of choc spread and several tbsp of condensed milk straight out the tin.

Day three - hi fi bar and pineapple. Couscous and smocked ham. Meatloaf mash salad and mushy peas. Choc (4)

Had to stop on way home to buy a mop, also bought 5 packs of pork scratchings and ate them all in the car. Bottle of energy drink for after.

I bought a 6 week count down to help me stick but I'm just being son rubbish. I don't know what's wrong with me!! Its like I don't want to lose weight!!

Help please? I don't know what else to do :(

Thanks, I know you're meant to have free food (meats, veg, fruit, grains) and 5-15 syns per day.

1 tbsp of mayo is 2 syns.

I dunno, I thought I was doing the right thing with my meals but in the house or en route I just crave bad stuff. Even if I've planned syns (fats) in to my day.

Like the mayo, maybe I need to use my syns for healthy fats for a while.

Any suggestions?

a lady on here said to me about chocolate to pop it in he fridge/freezer so its really hard, and munch on that on an evening. makes a freddo or curly wurly last along time.
with mayo, lighter than light i think is 0.5syn or 1syn?
you could hard boil some eggs and keep some in the fridge so theres always a quick snack on hand.

I'll be watching this thread as I am the same. I'm on day 3, I haven't slipped but I have been craving a little!

"Five packets of pork scratchings and a bottle of energy drink", you must have been up all night :D (I love pork scratchings!!)

I think work is a controlled environment and your day is clearly planned, down to when you will eat and what you're going to eat. When you clock off then it's clearly a different matter and I can identify with this. However, you can do this, because you've done it before and your weight loss is brilliant.

Are you eating any breakfast? You seem to be getting by on hi-fi bars?

Are you planning your evening meals in advance, or just winging it when you get home? Sorry, it's a bit hard to tell from your diary. Are you so hungry you are fridge raiding? You don't seem to be eating much superfree food.

You have great willpower during the day you need to try to identify what is causing the 'blip' at night. Is it hunger or boredom or something else? Maybe you need to get your books out again, or look at some old photos, or I find the 'before and after' threads really inspiring. Once you've reminded yourself why you're on this journey I'm sure you'll soon find the 'old you' taking control again and getting back on track. Good luck :)

to be honest, it doesnt look like you are eating a huge amount during the day. I know you are at work and cant be scoffing all day long, but a bigger breakfast would make all the difference. I know if I dont eat the majority of my food during the day I will binge at night.

Another thing that really helps me is to plan what treat I am going to have in the evening and work my syns around that. Tonight I am going to have a SW trifle after tea (sugar free jelly, low fat custard, fruit and squirty cream) mars ice cream (the ones from the multipack are only 7 syns!) and that gives me 5 syns left to spend as things pop up (I generally use 12-15 a day as I have alot to lose) and it kind of gives me something to look forward to once the kids are in bed! Planning syns is key for me tbh. I dont feel deprived that way!

I found that when I was working (I'm retired now) I found that I needed a big lunch, ie rice salad, pasta salad to take me thro till the evening meal without snacking. So plan for a BIG free lunch and it will help, BUT You MUST have breakfast, the bigger the better! Also, a slow cooker, while the weather is still relatively cool is SUCH a boon! Then there is something ready to eat when you get home.

I dont think its even that I want the snacks... not hunger wise anyway.

And yes! I was up all night after the energy drink fiasco! Saw a text I sent to a friend saying "I can't sleep!! Its 4am and I leave for work at seven!!! Heeellp!"

I had a good day yesterday. I made a much bigger lunch. Went to the store to buy some meat and bought a great pack of fish sticks to wat instead of a donut!

"Five packets of pork scratchings and a bottle of energy drink", you must have been up all night :D (I love pork scratchings!!)

Are you eating any breakfast? You seem to be getting by on hi-fi bars?

Are you planning your evening meals in advance, or just winging it when you get home? Sorry, it's a bit hard to tell from your diary. Are you so hungry you are fridge raiding? You don't seem to be eating much superfree food.

I was up for HOURS!!

For breakfast I have a hi fi bar. I can't eat a big breakfast. I've started having a pineapple stick after.. you know, the kids ones?

I don't think hunger is the problem. :/

I am getting all my books out tonight and I'm going to do re learn and meal plan etc for next week. My weigh in is Monday night.

When ever I eat foods like high fi bars and Alpen bars which are packed with sugar (hi fi bars are 20% sugar) i get the munchies all evening, so now I don't ever use them for my B options

When ever I eat foods like high fi bars and Alpen bars which are packed with sugar (hi fi bars are 20% sugar) i get the munchies all evening, so now I don't ever use them for my B options

Wow I'm shocked I've stopped the Alpen lights. I thought they helped me not wanting chocolate but they make it worse n I love sw but do not see at all how Alpen lights provide any nutritional part in the plan. I was eating them for sake of it I've stopped n get better losses

from fat to skinny jeans only 46lb to go

Well I've had two good days this week! Treated myself to a mini bag of posh chic drops at 9syns and was free all day. They were lovely.

I know some won't agree but I weigh everyday. I've an app on my phone that charts it daily at the same time and has smoothing to allow for daily fluctuations. It motivates me to stick to make sure my line follows the goal line lol.

Hey! I've also got 47lbs to goal! Where did you start?

Libra. You can out in goal weight and date and then weigh in each am. Will draw two lunes and tell you a daily goal date depending on what you weigh each day.

Motivates me to stick when my actual goal date moves away lol

Hi

Im fairly new to slimming world, 4th day. I have struggled with syns as i am so full after my meal that I dont want to eat the syns or snacks (maybe im lucky). Maybe your portions are too small in the day and you cant wait for your dinner in the evening and then you turn to a quick fix. At work I have made sure I have plenty of fruit and nuts and maybe plan your meals in advance so you know what your having!

Good Luck! :)

I totally get this thread. Before Slimming world I used to drink very strong coffee with evaporated milk. It is so tasty and such a treat. Some days I could easily go through a whole tin, shocking really. I've moved over to light evaporated milk and strictly one can a week rather than a day to save on syns. I still crave it now. Coming here reading all the amazing stories really helps :)

I find its not even when I'm hungry... I find that instead of feeling a particular emotion, I stuff my face.

Instead of acknowledging I'm (sad, stressed, angry) I eat.

I'm an emotional eater too. Mainly when I am angry I find myself gorging on awful food out of spite (to myself even though I done nothing wrong.) The other week I was angry at OH so I ate 4 bits of bread with peanut butter. Then loads of other stuff straight after, there's no reason for it at all!!

I find what works now is I don't use many syns during the day at all, and save them for any potentially difficult bits of the day. So if I get home and I'm feeling self destructive, I have syns plus I usually save one of my b choices for evening too (I'm on green plan) I keep stuff in thr house that I can eat without worrying and this saves me going to the shop with a craving too.

Back