Why did I decide

Disco Diva

To start back doing SW this week, 5 days before Easter ?! Going to be a rough tough weekend with all the temptation of chocolate. Gah!

I'm going to be given a big egg but I'm going to put it on top of my wardrobe.

This year is going to be a milestone year as it will be the first year ever I don't eat an egg.

If you plan your syns around your week you can include an egg. So don't panic too much

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

It isn't too bad. I'm going to get a Cadbury's Buttons Easter egg and that's 28 syns for the egg and the chocolate buttons inside. Our allowance over a week's period is 105 syns, so I reckon I could fit 2 or 3 in!

Because if you'd have joined next week, you'd have stuffed yourself with chocolate all weekend without at thought, and started sw heavier and have longer to go. Now, you'll have a bit within your syns, and still lose weight and have a shorter journey! :)

but yes, I get your point. i would quite like a truck load of chocolate in my face. ;)

I joined at the end of November and kept thinking, why am I doing this just before Christmas, but it kept me going and made sure I stuck to plan, losing weight over Christmas rather than scoffing and stuffing myself :) x

It's not all bad. We can have Easter eggs as part of our syn allowance. I'm really looking forward to my treat of an Easter egg today! 28 syns and well worth it. It only comes

I re-joined last night as well, but im feeling positive so far (early days lol)
I lost 5st 2 yrs ago but have gained 2.5st back! Going to stick to it this time!!
Good luck im sure you can do it, keep yourself busy and every time you want chocolate stick some music on and have a boogie instead! (Not in the middle of asda though haha)

I really sympathise - it's going to be my first year hopefully saying no to any eggs.

The worst bit was going into Sainsbury's today and having to buy for friends and family, and will admit that I nearly caved! I'm trying to be positive, though - I can still celebrate Easter. I'm visiting my parents today for a week, and we will have lots of nice meals, that my mum has very kindly offered to cook according to plan, and I'm thinking of doing an Easter egg hunt around the garden for my goddaughter and friend's children. I love them as if they were my own, so seeing the smiles on their faces will be more than worth it, and hiding them around the garden will be fun.

How about treating yourself to something nice that isn't chocolate, to congratulate yourself on your tremendous willpower? Maybe some nice smellies (I love Lush bath bombs!), or giving yourself a treat at each milestone? I buy an item of clothing at each half stone, and the realisation that I have gone down at least a dress size (two in some places) since starting gives me a reason to carry on.

Good luck - you can do it! X

You made a good decision! You can still eat 15 syns worth. But if you do go over, don't beat yourself up about it, because I bet you'll still have eaten a lot less than if you hadn't joined Slimming World :)

I joined 6 days before my birthday. I went out for a meal the day before my birthday but was good the rest of the days, and I lost 5.5lbs in my first week. If I didn't join, knowing me I would probably have put that much on in a week :p

Back