Hi people, I wanted to know why you chose this particular diet that you are on instead of so many to choose from. I have been struggling with weight all my life, watching what I eat, comfort eating, been obsessed with the scale to a point where the scale set my mood, if it is down I am up and if it is up I am down. Tried so many diets, they all work off course but which one to stick to? Here are my list and why I left them
- Atkins, loved the fact you can lose weight so fast, you do not feel hungry, the thought of more meat or eggs just keep you satisfied. Could not do it for more than two weeks at a time, I am just not big fan of meat plus the constant constipation.
- fasting loved it, I lived on water, maximum for 6 days, did it few times, loved the fact the scale was down everyday, please do not tell me it is water loss, because up to 5lb was water but any more of that was actual loss, there was inches loss too. I am big believer of water fasting as healer for a lot of disease; some do it for weeks but if is done supervised, water fast is amazing. Reason I left it, because I missed chewing food and it is very hard for the first 3days if I get past the 3 days then is much easier.
- Juice fasting, loved it but it made me hyper all the time, reason I left it, the preparation and freshly buying fruit and vegetable was time, and money consuming!
- Weight watcher never tried it but the idea of counting points does not sound too appealing.
- Slimming world, loved this diet I kept asking my consultant are you sure I can have unlimited pasta and rice on green days? Reason I left it, I wanted more self control, this diet is good if you cooking the slimming world way but if you eating out or you have no time to cook you end eating too much as your appetite is still the same.
- South beach diets similar to Atkins but you get more vegetables options than Atkins, again not big fan of meat.
- Food replacement diet, I just can’t stick to these more than two days, loved slim fast shake but after I finish the bottle I think, is that it?? I want more, tried herbalife I did not like the taste or I did not make them well.
- Did other stupid low calorie diet of less than 500, but every time I eat again end up putting half stone in a day, it was messing my head. Decided not to rush anything, I have been yo-yoing for years, time to do life style change. It might not be fast but hopefully permanent result.
- Now I am on Rosemary Conley diet, the reason I chose this is, because I want low calorie diet which tells me what to eat. I have done it before and lost 3 dresses sizes but went to depression and turned to food for comfort, now I want a change of life style, I find the RC easy to follow, I have done it alone and succeeded, and I hope I do the same now.