Why do I do it

tomjess1

So I did slimming world last year and lost 9 pounds then stopped going coz I thought I was better then the plan , needless to say I put a stone on over Xmas , so I went back to class on the 15 th i had some blood test done on the 17 th and it turns out I've got high cholestrol I'm so peed off because if I'd stuck to it I would be near goal and I wouldn't have this issue , why do I always do this ? Rant over I just wanted to get it off my ample chest and by writing it down I can kick myself up the arse . Thanks for listening peeps
Fran xx

I think you might find that the weight comes off quickly if it went on that quickly! I gained 3lbs over xmas and lost it all on my first week back on plan. I think a lot of that weight was probably water TBH.

You're catching it quickly, so get planning your food for the next week and forget the past. This is a new start for you.

Thanks love , it doesn't help that I've a history of it in the family , and the stone I put on started at the end of November so it was over a month but its still bad . I just need to keep at it as I love the slimming world way as I love cooking , so onward and downwards x

Has the GP offered any suggestions on the best way to lower it? Obviously eating right will help but can you add some of that benecol stuff into your plan at all?

I've had a look for you and your best bet (if you wanted to give them a try) would be to go for the Fat Free yoghurt - the strawberry, peach and black cherry 120g pots are 1.5 syns, which isn't too bad at all IMO.

How high was your cholesterol - did your doctor sound worried about it, or had it slipped above 'standard' recommendation - I had raised cholesterol a few years back and was given a few ideas of how to lower it...I am going to get it tested again soon to find out how its been affected on sw and will get back to you. But don't worry - it soon comes down with the right diet and exercise regime and its worked for you before so you can do it again - just put your energy into it, plan meals, and think to how awful you felt about your cholesterol/scales after a month off...remember that every time you think of straying from plan, and use this forum to vent a talk through things if you wish :) good luck getting back on plan, I bet you will soon be getting the losses you want

My cholesterol was 6.2 so it's high I know things like oats and pulses and oily fish are good , so it's a bonus that you can have them all on sw I need to have it cheeked again in 6 months so as long as I stick to it I should have a big bulk of the weight off by then I'm also short on b6 witch does not surprise me in this horrid weather roll on summer xx and thanks for all your replays it does mean a lot xx

Not to undermine your doctor at all ,but mine was slightly higher and I had a few doctors who i trust tell me 'yes its higher than we want, but it won't kill you and its nothin to worry about unless you leave it for years' ie you can easily undo it!! Flax seed is AMAZING for reducing cholesterol - as are the things you listed above - work some of them into your diet :) plus with the low fat approach SW takes, your level will come down as will your weight. Don't worry about it - the doctors will have put you on meds/tight review if it was an immediate concern or danger to your life, you can change this :) good luck!

what is B6 for? I have been low on vitamin D before and had to take D tablets...not fun...but deffo a victim of our lack of nice weather ;)

SW worked for you before - and it will work again this time :) x

Dooh I ment vit d , I don't think the docs to worried as he would of got me in ,
just spoke to the nurse I'm just being a drama queen but in a way I'm glad it's come back at that because it means I'm gonna do this more then ever now especially with my family history ( mum. And sister both with heart problems) my sister is only a year older then me and I'm only 41 so I know I've got to knuckle under now and get on with it . How many syncs in flax seed ? X

Back