Why do I do it?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BIG BIRDY, 23 February 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Why when I am on a diet do I cook and bake? I just feel compelled to do it. 3 times this week i've made rice pudding with cream and cinnamon, Thai curry (my fave) tonight, and half an hour ago I just got up and made some muesli bars. Why? It's just torture. I can smell those little puppies in the oven now - all crispy and chewy and smelling like heaven. I must be nuts!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i wanna know HOW you do it
    i cant cook without tasting for seasoning etc
    cant possibly bake without licking the spoon either!

i really wish i could as i have to cook for others even when dieting but i never know if its going to taste ok

4. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you trying to torture yourself woman!!! :eek::eek::eek::D

Is there any other activity you could do apart from bake or do you just not want to stop doing it? :confused::D

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Lol, I used to love cooking on SS, yep, Im a nutter!!!!!!!!!

I made cakes biscuits and my best one was a maceroni cheese from scratch, I didnt taste a thing!!

I swore Id make it when I got to goal, guess what, yr and a half later Ive still never made it!!!

6. essexmum

essexmum Full Member

I love baking and I tend to do more ofi t when I'm SS for some reason. Although I can;t taste I find smelling it is enough to stop the craving.

7. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I just popped back to read your replies and realised something. I didn't do much baking before cos if I did I would eat it (not all of it though) and would therefore get the guilt. My family love homemade stuff, so I guess I do it then so they can have it, and I have no guilt cos I know I can't. Does that make sense?

8. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge

Yep makes perfect sense BB

9. melster122

melster122 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It is funny isn't it. I am cooking much much nicer meals for my family now that I am not eating and also buying lots of treats for them.

I think my husband thought he was going to starve whilst I was on CD but he came home tonight to spag bol with garlic and cheese bread and a pudding. I have done several casseroles for them and have been much more imaginative with their food. I think I am compensating for the fact I can't eat. :)

10. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

I seem to enjoy watching the cooking programmes on the Food Network channel, and I have purchased 3 cook books off Amazon including Cook Yourself Thin last week.

It's like a disease.

11. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Totally....:D:D:D

12. daisy2002

daisy2002 Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thats exactly the same with me.
    Last time i was on lipotrim i made blueberry & chocolate muffins, loads of different cakes, different biscuits, all sorts of pudding. I made loads of homemade meals & my family got fed really well.

13. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

I havent been baking since on ss because i wouldnt be able to resist tasting (scoffing) the whole lot. However I have been buying my H the most wonderful and delcious foods that i can find. It's completely crazy that i am spoiling him rotten with all the foods i cant eat myself, but he is very happy with the arrangement!!

14. glitzglamz

glitzglamz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    well done bigbirdy - i'm struggling making even ham sandwiches at the mo lol x

15. dreamingmaid

dreamingmaid Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge weight plan
    i'm exactly the same...thought i was the only strange one.
    In the last month i have bought four cook books....DH has never ate so well in his life!!

16. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

Me too with the cooking. I always feed the family homemade food even when not dieting but (I forget who said this above now, sorry) I try not to bake because I know I'll eat it! Well...I am baking now - in fact I'll be baking chocolate cakes later for the children to sell at school tomorrow. Last night I made chilli for dh and homemade burgers for the children, it all smelled delicious but I didn't taste a bit of it - had my AAM chicken with mushroom.
    I've taken to watching Masterchef - and must admit, I was tempted to go out and buy a new cake baking book but haven't done yet!

17. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    blimey missus you have tremendous will power .. good on ya xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.