Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why do I do it?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BIG BIRDY, 23 February 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Why when I am on a diet do I cook and bake? I just feel compelled to do it. 3 times this week i've made rice pudding with cream and cinnamon, Thai curry (my fave) tonight, and half an hour ago I just got up and made some muesli bars. Why? It's just torture. I can smell those little puppies in the oven now - all crispy and chewy and smelling like heaven. I must be nuts!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i wanna know HOW you do it
    i cant cook without tasting for seasoning etc
    cant possibly bake without licking the spoon either!

i really wish i could as i have to cook for others even when dieting but i never know if its going to taste ok

4. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you trying to torture yourself woman!!! :eek::eek::eek::D

Is there any other activity you could do apart from bake or do you just not want to stop doing it? :confused::D

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Lol, I used to love cooking on SS, yep, Im a nutter!!!!!!!!!

I made cakes biscuits and my best one was a maceroni cheese from scratch, I didnt taste a thing!!

I swore Id make it when I got to goal, guess what, yr and a half later Ive still never made it!!!

6. essexmum

essexmum Full Member

I love baking and I tend to do more ofi t when I'm SS for some reason. Although I can;t taste I find smelling it is enough to stop the craving.

7. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I just popped back to read your replies and realised something. I didn't do much baking before cos if I did I would eat it (not all of it though) and would therefore get the guilt. My family love homemade stuff, so I guess I do it then so they can have it, and I have no guilt cos I know I can't. Does that make sense?

8. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge

Yep makes perfect sense BB

9. melster122

melster122 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It is funny isn't it. I am cooking much much nicer meals for my family now that I am not eating and also buying lots of treats for them.

I think my husband thought he was going to starve whilst I was on CD but he came home tonight to spag bol with garlic and cheese bread and a pudding. I have done several casseroles for them and have been much more imaginative with their food. I think I am compensating for the fact I can't eat. :)

10. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

I seem to enjoy watching the cooking programmes on the Food Network channel, and I have purchased 3 cook books off Amazon including Cook Yourself Thin last week.

It's like a disease.

11. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Totally....:D:D:D

12. daisy2002

daisy2002 Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thats exactly the same with me.
    Last time i was on lipotrim i made blueberry & chocolate muffins, loads of different cakes, different biscuits, all sorts of pudding. I made loads of homemade meals & my family got fed really well.

13. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

I havent been baking since on ss because i wouldnt be able to resist tasting (scoffing) the whole lot. However I have been buying my H the most wonderful and delcious foods that i can find. It's completely crazy that i am spoiling him rotten with all the foods i cant eat myself, but he is very happy with the arrangement!!

14. glitzglamz

glitzglamz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    well done bigbirdy - i'm struggling making even ham sandwiches at the mo lol x

15. dreamingmaid

dreamingmaid Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge weight plan
    i'm exactly the same...thought i was the only strange one.
    In the last month i have bought four cook books....DH has never ate so well in his life!!

16. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

Me too with the cooking. I always feed the family homemade food even when not dieting but (I forget who said this above now, sorry) I try not to bake because I know I'll eat it! Well...I am baking now - in fact I'll be baking chocolate cakes later for the children to sell at school tomorrow. Last night I made chilli for dh and homemade burgers for the children, it all smelled delicious but I didn't taste a bit of it - had my AAM chicken with mushroom.
    I've taken to watching Masterchef - and must admit, I was tempted to go out and buy a new cake baking book but haven't done yet!

17. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    blimey missus you have tremendous will power .. good on ya xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.