Why do I do it?

I recently lost over 5 stones in weight and managed to stay on track with low carb for 18 months. Then...... a nurse at a check up was praising me and telling me how proud I should be. Oh dear I could feel that old switch going in my head. Sure enough I started eating and have gained 2 stones. I have been up and down like this for years. I am so fed up with myself and don't understand why most people respond well to praise whereas the opposite happens to me. I am hoping this forum can help me keep on track. I think I must be the weirdest person ever!

Hi
Welcome back on the diet wagon.
I think most of us get comfortable when we know we are doing well. I know for one I've given up as soon as I know I'm at a nice weight.
Are you doing low calorie this time around? I'm doing low calorie mixed with Slim Fast. I'm finding it really easy.
Good luck.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am doing low carb - try to stick to 40 g per day or less. Low carb really helps control my type 2 diabetes when I stick to it. Every now and again I go on a carb spree and weight piles back on. X

Oh, that sounds so frustrating. You don't want to walk around with a sign saying 'please don't praise me', but still...

I have appalling willpower, but I find if someone tells me I'm determined, I'm more determined. I get my husband to tell me I'm so determined all the time.

Human brains are funny old things, aren't they?!

Oh, that sounds so frustrating. You don't want to walk around with a sign saying 'please don't praise me', but still...

I have appalling willpower, but I find if someone tells me I'm determined, I'm more determined. I get my husband to tell me I'm so determined all the time.

Human brains are funny old things, aren't they?!
Thank you so much for your reponse. Brains certainly are strange things. I really am fed up with this roller coaster I put myself on. I am hoping I can come on here when my self sabotage button is pressed. Xxx

Back