• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Why do we focus on the negatives?

S: 22st9lb C: 21st0lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 46 Loss: 1st9lb(7.26%)
Well last night I got home from my week 6 weigh in and have lost another 4 lbs which makes a total of 33 lbs in 6 weeks which is amazing. I should have been on top of the world but instead I sat and cried because I only lost 1 3/4 inches. I don't understand why I do this to myself! please tell me I'm not the only one :(

I also decided it would be a fantastic idea to measure myself in case I am actually a bit taller than I thought which was disastrous because it turns out I'm half an inch shorter than I thought which made me bubble again. I wish I could just be happy with what I have achieved so far.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

coralprincess

Happiest Girl :D
S: 13st7lb C: 9st9lb G: 9st2lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 3st12lb(28.57%)
Aww, don't get disheartened! That loss is amazing, you might be losing it from everywhere equally, which is why you haven't seen the reduction in inches, but the scales don't lie over 6 weeks. That's a brilliant achievement & you should be so proud of yourself, I would be!

babyblues

S: 14st7lb C: 13st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.9 Loss: 0st11lb(5.42%)
ok, so you may have not lost lots in inches, but think of all the internal fat ur burning up! you can be really skinny but still have 50% body fat - primarily around ur insides. maybe get what iv got, and get a scales that measures body fat also. if ur not seeing it in inches, youl definatly see those digits going down!!

hugeherbo

S: 15st8lb C: 14st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 1st1lb(6.88%)
i am very much a negative person, so i am trying to change my out look, keep smiling, i no its difficult but you will see the results you are looking for
good luck
xx

lippy

S: 15st2lb C: 14st6lb G: 11st6lb Loss: 0st10lb(4.72%)
Well done that is a fab loss you are doing so well....the inches will take care of themselves....don't lose faith you'll be fine.

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
I've noticed before that some weeks you get inch loss but hardly any change in weight - and some weeks you get a fairly big loss in weight but very little loss in inches. It's very strange. :)

You'd think the two things would happen together, but they don't. Of course, what's probably happening is that you've lost weight from the parts you aren't measuring - like your knees, or your chin!

coralprincess

Happiest Girl :D
S: 13st7lb C: 9st9lb G: 9st2lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 3st12lb(28.57%)
Of course, what's probably happening is that you've lost weight from the parts you aren't measuring - like your knees, or your chin!
They are 2 of the best places to lose from! ;)