WHY do you want to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 19 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I thought this would be an interesting thread, so I'll start :eek:)

1) I want to buy clothes I like instead of clothes that just fit or hide my lumps and bumps - I'm 24 years old, I want to be a trendy young mum not a dowdy one :(

2) I want to feel comfortable being out with my fella instead of feeling embarrassed and worrying that he's ashamed of me and mentally comparing me to all the skinny women in the room :eek:

3) I want to be able to undress for bed in the bedroom instead of changing in the bathroom and sprinting to bed in the dark so my fella doesn't see me :eek:

4) I want to go out and show off my baby girl to everyone I know who hasn't seen her yet instead of hiding in the nearest shop if I see someone coming who hasn't seen me since I got fat :(

5) I want to be able to go out with my friends without getting upset about having nothing to wear and then feeling really uncomfortable when I get there.

6) I want to be able to bump into people I haven't seen for a long time without immediately being embarrassed and knowing that as soon as they walk away from me they're going to make a comment about how much weight I've put on :mad:

7) I want to be able to go out with my family and have fun, ie swimming! At the moment I won't go near a pool with my fella and my daughter because I'm to embarrassed...I want that to stop and I want to be able to do anything I want with them and to enjoy every second of it! :p

8) And probably the most important one of all - I want to be slim before my baby girl is old enough to notice what I'm eating. I don't want her to remember me hiding away and being upset about my weight/appearance and I certainly don't want her to remember me dieting. I would HATE for my insecurities for rub off on her and I don't want her growing up with a hang up about food and her appearance just because she's watched me do it...that is a really important reason for me - I really don't want her to think it's normal to be dieting and worrying about weight all the time, I want her to grow up with a healthy diet and a healthy attitude towards food :(

So, those are my main reasons for wanting to lose weight (and there are actually more than I thought!).
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Paul McKenna
    I want to lose weight because I am only 26 and can't buy or fit into any nice clothes. In the morning its a case of whatever doesn't split when I sit down will do that day. I want to feel good in my own skin. Hold my head up high and go out and have fun without feeling like the fat frumpy one in the group. I desperately want my confidence back and to start living life the way I should be living it!
  4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    Great post Marie.

I can go with most of your reasons
    Plus i don't want food to be my solution when i'm not happy anymore. I want to be in control of my eating, not the other way round.
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Wow Marie I can relate to pretty much everything you said.

My reasons:

1: For health reasons
    2: So I can do more with my nieces
    3: I want to buy nice clothes and feel good
    4: I want to go out more!! At the moment I dont feel confident enough.
    5: I want to feel good about myself

My list goes on and on really but its nice to see other people thinking the same, you dont feel quite so isolated.....
  6. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    All of those.. and:

I want to lose the weight so that I can be comfortable and happy in myself. At the moment there's no way I'd get into a relationship, as the thought of anyone seeing me naked or even just hugging me and feeling all the fat on my stomach and 'waist' scares the hell out of me.

As it is this year I've decided that I'm not looking for a relationship as I want to make a complete career change and so I'm focusing on that. However the weight is also a factor in that - the extra confidence and self esteem I have when I've lost the weight, will make all the difference in my self belief in going for a new career. I will feel a lot happier and confident going for it, and any potential employers will see that!
  7. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

me too

Pretty much the same here too ....
    Would love to be able to undress in front of my husband ... I'm only 26 and I feel so ashamed of my body and I am the same when it comes to going out.
    I simply won't go out at the weekend with friends in case I bump into people that haven't seen me in a year or 2 and think wow shes big now!!! :eek:(

I will do it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.