Why does this happen

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Bethany246, 9 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Wonder why it is that you have all the excess weight on your hips and thighs and the top half is ok is it possible for the excess weight to come of from these areas where it is but have you to do exercise to get rid of it in these areas it
    just gets you down when it does not come of these areas

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hi Bethany

It's not possible to target fat loss, I'm afraid. If you exercise a particular area you will be working the muscles in that area, but unfortunately that has absolutely no bearing on where you will lose fat.

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Kate
    Does that mean you will be stuck with all weight on thighs and bottom half when got your weight of what you want

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Not necessarily. Mine came off the bust and face first, then his and thighs, then tummy.

6. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Karion
    When I lose weight it comes of my bust first as it is ive not go much bust why can it go off the bottom half first

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    That's life Bethany. You can pretty much guarantee that it'll come off the places you don't want first.

Stick at it long enough and it usually evens out.

8. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

The plus side, Bethany, is that a pear shape is both the healthiest body shape for a woman and also very sexy! We can't change our fundamental body type so the best thing you can do is work with it, be damn proud of it and take good care of it, cos it's the only one you get!

9. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Kate
    All i want to do is get rid of these flabby thighs and get some tone into them so they will look slimmer and get toned up and pulled in

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Dieting and going for walks will really help.

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yes why not try walking before you try running.

Stick to a diet and do basic exercise - as Karion says, walking. And youll find a difference and your fitness levels will increase and then youll be able to try more strenuous things

12. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Karion and starlight
    Yes thats what they say diet and exercise combined together and get fast results

13. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    No, you'll lose weight from all over. You'll still be a pear shape, but a smaller pear. :)

14. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    If only we could choose where out weight goes from, but in reality the world isnt like that....!
    I too have lost most from waist up.....well actually I have lost more inches from my hips and thighs but they are still huge......from my waist up I am a decent size apart from the bingo wings so you are not alone here.

15. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Sony
    What I cant seem to understand you see fat people in slimming magazines really fat and even got fat thighs and then see there after pictures and they are really slim and toned and slim legs just can weigh this up how they get like that ,

16. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    They are airbrushed!:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

17. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    What do you mean

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :rotflmao: Oooh you cynic ;)

20. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    You should never believe photographs in magazines. They use a computer to change all the bits that aren't perfect. There was a thread a couple of months ago that demonstrated this really well. I wonder if we can find it?

Don't try to be like photos of models in magazines, even the models don't look like that in real life.

Dizzy x

21. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yes but If the person has lost say 6 stone that must be true and if she has got down to target with a slimming club

22. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The losing the weight will be true but how she looks isnt necessarily the way she appears on the photos, or she may have had surgery, its not necessarily down to exercise.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.