Why Doesn't Slimming World seem to work for me??

charl_young

Gold Member
:confused:

Hey Everyone... I'm just looking for some help really, I joined a group last year, but my Dad died so I left and only really lost 7 pounds, over xmas and new year I've put on a horrible 12lbs.. :cry:

Sooo, I'm doing slimming world on my own, still sticking to plan, and weighing myself every tuesday on a machine in Boots..

I don't seem to be losing any weight though. I walk about 2-4 miles a day. Try and go to the gym at least once a week as well.

Please can anyone advise me on why this is.. My weight is now a totally depressing 15st12lbs.

I am going to Thailand in August and really wanted to feel nice for once..

Thanks peoples, this is the first time I've ever written anything on this kind of website, so I'm nervous no one will reply.

Xxx

Hiya luv x

Are you writing everything down or keeping a food diary?? I find (11 weeks in) that it really does help x sometimes syns change and you may not realise, but if you maybe post a food diary on here people may be able to keep you updated?x

I've never done well with "diets" but I've lost 20.5lbs in 10 weeks (gained this week but fell off the wagon so was well deserved) x

Keep your chin up and search the forums for advice if you don't plan on joining a group xxxx

Sorry you've been having a rubbish time. Posting a food diary, as mentioned by shellsbells, would be a really good idea, and a quick way to find out where you are going wrong. You are close to my weight and I've lost 18lb in 7 weeks and am only just thinking about exercise, so you're ahead of me there.

awww thanks guys!! thats helpful yeah, you've both been doing really well though, thats awesome.

I guess I'm not really being very thorough, I just kinda know whats free and what has syns, and try to eat meals with no syns, and use syns for when i crave chocolate, or bread.

Are you being really rigid with the plan? I'll start writing a food diary and see if it helps.

Thank uuuu. Xxx

You could be like me and need the discipline of going to a class each week. I couldn't do it myself.

Why not rejoin a class and see what happens.

Irene xx

Yeah I would, I just can't really afford it, and childcare is a bit of a problem, I just thought i'd do one last proper try on my own, and see. Definitely think food diaries are going to help, so I'll write one down and post it on here for advice. I think I'm probably expecting a bit much, my lovely boyfriend took me for 2 amazing meals last week, so staying the same is probably good!! Xxx

Thanks I will start a food diary thread tomorrow! Do you know how i do that? Xx

help with food

hi i no what you are going through i live in australia .i cant get the wright food our i dont no what is green or red help:cry:

Ah shame man! Can't you order the books from eBay? Then you'll have some up to date info on what your allowed and not allowed? They just released the 2012 books. Xx

Make sure you always have a third of superfrees on your plate with every meal, and that will be a start. eg, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, carrots, cauliflower, berries, apples, bananas etc. Not every fruit or veg is in this list so beware.

Thank you!! I started a food diary on here so have a look and tell me if you think it's ok? Xx

Back