Why has my weight loss slowed down? Pleeeaaaaase come and advise me oh wise ones...

GretaGrip

Gold Member
Hello fellow fat fighters!

I'm after a bit of advice please. I have been doing the CWP for about a month now and weigh in every Monday. I am Sole Sourcing and have a bar in the morning and 2 shakes over the remainder of the day, usually made into a delicious paste type sludge so it feels I'm eating something. I force down 2 litres of water a day and that's that. I am always 100%, no cheating.

My losses have been as follows ...

week 1 - 7lb loss

week 2 - 4lb gain, after I fell awkwardly on some kettle chips/trifle/cake with my mouth open. I went on some mad carb rampage for 5 days before I Got A Grip!

week 3 - 8lb loss

week 4 - 3lb loss

And now we are on Friday, 4 days after my last weigh in and my scales show a 2lb loss for this week so far. I started at 12 stone 4 and am now 11 stone 1 or 2lb.

I am feeling despondent. Does this sound OK to you? The scales have barely moved for days and when they do it seems painfully slow to me.

Any advice appreciated.

after the first few weeks the losses do slow down , average loss is 1 stone per month so that would be around 3 1/2lbs per week
Dont get down about it tho hun its all adding up!
x

Im having a similar issue to u aswell! But i think as ur losses in the first month were huge, ur bodies just slowing down abit! I managed to lose 1st 2lbs in the firt month on ss! But ever since iv moved to step2 i have had no losses! Also it could be ur totm? Which is the case for me at the mo! I used to drink 2 litres too but have increased that to 3litres now! So try doing that? It might help? I was eatting a bar and two carton shakes frozen when i was on ss and would be losing roughly 4-5lbs a week! Only during totm id lose only about 2-3lbs instead!
Im struggling on my last stone now! Disnt havw much for lose to start with so i thought id end up losing it first but clearly my 2nd atone dont want to leave me! Goodluck and let me know how it goes for u! :)

Thanks girls.

Frustrating isn't it? This diet is all about the deprivation and therefore it's pretty galling not to be dropping 5lbs every week - even though I KNOW this is just not going to happen! I don't even chew gum or drink coke Zero < bar two cans over the past month > as I want to be 100% at all times.

I am toying with the idea of buying some water retention type tablets in case that is the issue. Have to say though, I have never retained water in my life nor have I ever been bloated - but err...desperate measures?

Thanks girls.

Frustrating isn't it? This diet is all about the deprivation and therefore it's pretty galling not to be dropping 5lbs every week - even though I KNOW this is just not going to happen! I don't even chew gum or drink coke Zero < bar two cans over the past month > as I want to be 100% at all times.

I am toying with the idea of buying some water retention type tablets in case that is the issue. Have to say though, I have never retained water in my life nor have I ever been bloated - but err...desperate measures?

A stone off from your starting weight of 12st 4lbs is excellent!

If you look around the forums at others weigh in results in member's signatures you will see that some weeks are low and others are high and on a vlcd SSing it does average out over a few months in or around a stone a month but it will slow down as you near your own natural body weight...it is good to remember by then you are then taking more from less weight to lose.

The Cambridge diet when doing Sole Source of nutrition, will itself cause water loss and it would be dangerous to take any artificial diuretics without first consulting your doctor as diuretics could seriously deplete your potassium balance and cause dizziness, weakness and fatigue and it is advised for this reason that medication having a diuretic effect should not be taken concurrently with the Cambridge diet except with the approval of your doctor.

Thanks mini - that's helpful.

I'm trying not to gt down but really .... I'm still a stone away from being slim so cannot fathom why it seems so slow

I may give the diuretics a swerve then

I second what someone said above: try to drink 3L a day. I always retain water and for some strange reason, after upping from 2 to 3L, I feel less bloated... But I am on Step 2, so it might be different.

I would avoid diuretics too, even when NOT on a diet, without your GP's approval.

Also, generally, the less you have to lose, the slower your losses will be. I noticed that by looking at the girls' signatures on here. Don't give up, the diet works and you had fab losses so far :)

Thanks Book Worm... I feel that I HAVE got a fair bit still to lose though..although I appreciate that this is all relative. God, I'd be hard pushed to drink 3 litres although I shall give it a go today and see if that makes a difference. I have yet to settle on what i want my ultimate goal to be as it changes all the time.

I struggle with the water too, and I have to remind myself to drink half a pint every so often. I use some of the CWP water flavouring and it does help. I also drink more after exercising. But you know you can also include your tea to your water intake. If you're a tea drinker, it may help :)

Or maybe you don't have water retention at all and your body is adjusting. I am really plateauing at the moment (see my sig) and it is disheartening at times, but I know the weight will come off. It just can't not come off with only 810kcal a day :D

As for goals, I don't even want to think about it yet as I have so much to lose :D But your goal doesn't have to be a weight goal. It can also be a fitness goal or a dress size goal. :)

You're doing so well though - over 20 stone to almost in the 15s is pretty bloody impressive isn't it?

I think we adjust how we feel about ourselves as we reach a new weight. A year ago I would have killed to be 11 stone... it seemed like an impossible dream. I'm now here and err... it's not the right weight for me! A year ago I decided that all I wanted was to be a size 12. Well, I am a comfortable size 12 now - and a 10 in tops - but again, it's not quite right. I am thinking about 9 stone 10 will ultimately suit me - but for now, I am focussing on 10 stone 13, if I EVER lose these elusive few pounds.

I definitely don't have water retention or, if i do, I'm not aware of it! I don't get bloated or anything like that. All I can do is try and power through this stalled weight loss thing and keep positive. Hard though isn't it?

You're doing SSplus? What are you eating?

Aw thanks Gretagrip, you're so sweet :eek: We women tend to be so harsh with ourselves sometimes that we forget to see what we have achieved so far.

That's why I don't want to decide on a goal, because like you I know I will have to see there and then if I feel right or not. I say, listen to your body and do what you feel is right. We should listen to our bodies more often. There are times when the mind has to take over the body (like when when we're exercising but the body would rather laze around on the sofa, LOL), but for health matters (and weight is a health matter) it is always good to see what "feels" right. So go for it girl!!!

I am doing Step 2 as the last time I did CD I just was so miserable on SS :eek: I am not very strong minded when it comes to food :eek:

If you don't have water retention then you're very lucky :D I hate this feeling, especially mid to end of cycle when it feels like I have an inflatable tyre around my womb, ugh. But it goes away rapidly.

Do you do any exercise? I am in the middle of the 30-day Shred, just started Stage 2 this morning. And I feel so much stronger. That's what helps me power through this plateau: the thought that I am getting stronger, especially in my arms and shoulders. It already shows after only 11 days. But boy is it hard!!! :eek:

You've managed to shift a stone in a month. That's good going! Weight loss will slow down after a while, and you don't have a huge amount to lose so you won't see the same losses as some of the people on here with more weight to lose.

I've got rid of 5 and a half stone now, and I've probably averaged just under 3 lb a week. Yes I've got frustrated at times, but what other diet could give me that kind of consistent loss? I know it's very easy to get impatient (I have less than a stone to go now and and really starting to want to get it over and done with!) but stick with it and you'll get there before long!

You've managed to shift a stone in a month. That's good going! Weight loss will slow down after a while, and you don't have a huge amount to lose so you won't see the same losses as some of the people on here with more weight to lose.

I've got rid of 5 and a half stone now, and I've probably averaged just under 3 lb a week. Yes I've got frustrated at times, but what other diet could give me that kind of consistent loss? I know it's very easy to get impatient (I have less than a stone to go now and and really starting to want to get it over and done with!) but stick with it and you'll get there before long!

Wow, just wow. Txljay, you did so well!!!!!

Congratulations and well done! Brilliant weight loss:happy096:

I can't do the eating thing in afraid. SS plus just seems neither here nor there to me and when I tried it ( week 2 ) I binged on carbs for 5 days resulting in a 4lb gain. Almost like I was giving myself permission to eat what i wanted.

I think I'll stop SS in a fortnights time though as I've nearly had enough now. Water retention sounds most unpleasant - id surely know if I had it ? Still deliberating on whether to scarf down some pills though. I know it would probably not work though.

Yes - 3 lb on average a week is a very good loss as is over 5 stone overall - you must be pleased ? I'm very impatient by nature and when I don't see the results I want to then I get fecked off and despondent. However - official weigh in not until Monday so will see how the land lies then and hope for the best ( while expecting the worse ! I'm also a realist! ; ) )

And re exercise - yes i usually run several miles several times a week. However I don't have the energy to run right now - I'd not manage it to the end of the lane, let alone any further.

The shred is pretty good and will bring about good results. The problem with this diet - sonive noticed - is that it leaves you rather ... Flabby? So - I'm noticeably thinner but I've definitely got a bit 'soft' and flabby

I've added some pics of me - one at my biggest last year of about 14 and a half stone and three pics of me now . Have I done it correctly ?

You'd know if you had water retention that would slow your weight loss, trust me! I have it right before TOTM and it is rather unpleasant and my lower tummy feels like it is "full".

I thought I would gorge myself on Step 2 but in fact having my high protein meal at the end of the day helps me through the day and it means that I can sit down and eat with my husband (when his shifts allow it). I usually have a quorn burger (microwaved - I'm lazy!) and 80g of lettuce/other veg. Mmmmmm :D

Wow, I could not run. I am really not a runner as it hurts my knees and feet so much. I used to be a good runner at school, but then I was much lighter and much much much fitter! I am thinking of giving swimming a go, to improve my endurance. The Shred is good but the cardio exercises are to strenuous and don't last long enough. Whereas swimming is pleasant and I can vary the movements. We shall see!!!!

Where are your pics? I can't see them...

Back