Why has my weight loss slowed so much?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by suepass, 13 October 2009 Social URL.

1. suepass

suepass Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.09%)
    I was doing Lighter life Light but could no longer afford it. I am now having two Dietimeal food packs and a high protein no or low carb evening meal. My total calories range from 700-900 cals per day. In the last two weeks I have only lost 1.5llb. Could anyone tell me why and is it likely to carry on like this???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

If you're getting close to a normal BMI your weight loss will probably slow down a lot. It's always faster the fatter you are, as you lose the weight it slows.

4. snack

snack Full Member

you only have 5 lbs to lose i hate to be the bearer of bad news but this could take you a good few weeks yet as you have hardley anything left to lose perserve and it will come off in the end.Dont be disheartend you have done so well you should be realy proud of yourself xx

5. suepass

suepass Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.09%)
    Thanks all,
    it is now really frustrating. I want to be 11 something and get out of the 12 stone something.
    sue.

6. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    It could be your body has gone into starvation mode- stopped losing weight b/c it thinks you are starving it. This happens when you eat too few cal. for too long. Try doig the juddering diet or putting your cal. up by a few hundred. Good luck.

7. joshintanetto

joshintanetto Member

Hey Sue,

I think your body has gotten used to your routine, you maybe need to make a change, maybe start drinking green tea, change your workout routine and add some resistance exercises as both of these will boost your metabolic rate = more fat loss. I think a good thing to try is doing 30 minutes of cardio, first thing in the morning is a great way to speed up weight loss results, try doing this a 4 times a week.

These are justa few tips, I hope they helped.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.