Attack Why have I lost such a small amount of weight, I've attacked 100%

9550lucy

Hi All, I started Duken 7days ago, stuck to it 100% and only lost 5lb, was 14.4st and now 13.13 compared to most others they have lost at least double! Nothing to do with mestral cycle and I am walking every day, am really deflated, will stick to it but my ultimate goal seems so much further away now ;0( Any ideas?

I think most of the weight you lose in the first week is water weight, and 5lbs in a week is still a result! I don't think that many people have lost 10lbs in the first week (that I've seen).

Is today your first PV day? I would just say stick with it, and maybe think about starting a diary and listing all the foods you eat each day. People on here will let you know if there's anything non-Dukan popping up.

Good luck, and celebrate the 5lb loss!!!! :)

Relax, the attack phase is nothing more than water weight coming off. Yes, some do lose a lot which is designed to motivate dieters (clever old Dr Dukan), but you may not have a lot of water weight to lose. The real weight loss happens on cruise stage, a nice healthy pound or more a week. Trust me, this diet does work and it is so easy to do! But it cannot undo the mistakes of the past in one week!! If only eh?

It might be because you don't have as much weight to lose. I lost 8lb in my 5 days attack and am a similar weight to you but I am 4" shorter so have a higher BMI and my target weight is 2 stone less than yours. I think it is quite common for people with only a small amount of weight to lose to lose it slower. 5lb in a week is still impressive! It's 5lb you wouldn't have lost if you were not doing Dukan. Stick with it - it is going in the right direction!!! :)

Evening Lucy, 5lb is a great loss but most of the weight as the girls have said is lost during cruise, a dukaneer said to me when I got impatient, this is marathon not a sprint, you'll get there its a great diet x

As people have said, 5 lbs in 7 days is a fabulous loss!! this phase is the kick start to the diet. Hows the toilet department? sometimes being bunged up can lead to less poundage lost. In cruise only expect to lose between 1-2 lbs per week, don't forget that this weight didn't go on overnight so its not going to shift overnight either. Change your way of eating, and stick to the plan and the pounds will come off, its not a race, slow and steady will get you there and you will be able to maintain it and you will learn the rules to eating and planning. Good luck xx

Hi All, I started Duken 7days ago, stuck to it 100% and only lost 5lb, was 14.4st and now 13.13 compared to most others they have lost at least double! Nothing to do with mestral cycle and I am walking every day, am really deflated, will stick to it but my ultimate goal seems so much further away now ;0( Any ideas?

Hey Lucy, you have done well for the 7days! I did 10 days of attack and lost 7lbs! And your goal is not far away, I have lost 1st 10.5lbs in 12weeks so think, if you run like me you will be there in 3months. Now weep for me, I still have just under 4st to go! :D and I am still grinning! So cheer up and keep running!:)
Ahh and change that loss on the sig tab to 5lbs, you earned (or lost) it!:)

I too did attack for 7 days and lost 6.8lb. Only ever seen one person lose 10lb and i think she was waaaayyyy heavier than us. I need to lose 5 stone probably more, but to me half a stone was amazing. In my first ever diet twenty yeas ago I lost 5lb in week one on a calorie controlled diet. Never done that again.

You have still lost and thats amazing, keep at it. Its all downhill. LOL

Thank you so much for your support, stuck at it and lost another 7lb so am very happy, 12lb in 2 weeks and am at last starting to notice very slightly my body shrinking!!

Thats great Lucy, see we all told you...this is the best diet around x

Back