Why have I stopped losing weight please?

jillcally

Hi Everyone, I need to ask the above as I am losing my mind! I was introduced to SW last year and fell in love with it after doing WW and seeming to feel constantly hungry!

I loved the diet because I really enjoy cooking from scratch and dont generally eat anything from a packet except for uncle bens rice and pasta n sauce! (which i always syn!)

I am really pleased to have gone from a size 16 to a size 12 however I would be really happy to knock off another 12lbs, I still have a tummy and wobbly thighs!

I exercise like CRAZY! not doing heavy weights but lots of reps of light ones, I run a lot for me, I have done 2 10ks and do about 8k on the treadmill about 3 times a week. I go to the gym about 6 times a week and never ever go over 15syns, however my weight loss has stopped! Whats strange is it seems to have stopped as soon as I went into doing a VERY lot of exercise! I will do lunges and situps whenever I can, go on my xtrainer, do my exercise dvds... anything to keep moving (I'm really not obsessed I just enjoy how it makes me feel)

I got to 11 stone 4lbs and that is the lightest I've been in a very long time, however I am now hovering between 11 9 and 11 5 and getting really fed up!

I did shrink a lot quite quickly and noticed a massive change in my body however I have definately come to a standstill and it seems the only way I will lose anymore is to go hungry which I CANNOT cope with!

Any advice appreciated!

Below is a typical day:

B - 30g of cold porridge with banana, skimmed milk and raisins (4 syns)

Lunch - huge salad with a tin of pink salmon and tbsp of ex light mayo (0.5)

T - Homemade chicken n veg soup (free) Pack of pasta n sauce (free)

Snacks - Apple and satsumas

Exercise - An hours brisk walk after work, 3.5 miles:sigh:

To be honest, I don't think you are eating enough. You need to consume more calories to fuel the exercise you are doing, even more so if you are exercising a lot as you say you are. I would introduce some more free foods in your lunch and evening meal and perhaps some more snacks and see how it goes.

thanks for your reply, much appreciated, I am never hungry and if so I will not go without and may have some fruit, veg or maybe something a bit random like a tin of mackerel or something!

I must admit I am in still in the camp that doesnt understand how you can eat insanely healthy, drink gallons of water, burn sometimes 1200 calories a day in exercise but need to eat MORE to lose!! I used to be a right piglet and it drives me insane that now Im soooo healthy I cant have my perfect body!! ha ha,

I am 30 in August and after nearly a decade of dieting I AM going to look in the mirror on the 2nd of August and say wohoooo!!

Is it possible to do the Fast Forward plan for a week or two? My consultant said that anyone on a plateau needing to boost their weight loss can try this?

Also remember that when you exercise you need to drink plenty of liquid like water, no sugar squashes, tea/coffee if you do not your body retains water. By drinking a lot your body will release fluid and toxins.

Yep, I'd say you're not eating enough as well. You're not having enough Syns (5 is the MINIMUM you should be having) and you're not eating much carbohydrate to fuel your exercise.

If you eat 1200 calories but burn 1200 calories through exercising then what does your body have left to function on ;)

Why not try an online BMR calculator which would tell you how many calories your body just needs to function and then out of interest work out how many calories you are consuming?

If you eat 1200 calories but burn 1200 calories through exercising then what does your body have left to function on ;)

Speaking for myself, I'd hope there'd be enough left in all the fat that's stored away :eek:

Rorah said:
Speaking for myself, I'd hope there'd be enough left in all the fat that's stored away :eek:

Doesn't work like that sadly :) especially for someone whose already a size 12.

OP - do you really want to lose another 12llbs, or do you not want a wobbly tummy & thighs, cos sorry to say, if it's the latter, then targeted exercise is your best bet, not dieting. If you loose 12lbs you could end up loosing off other parts of your body.

Plus, as above, nowhere near enough food anyway!

Back