why is it hard second time around ???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by XlosingitX, 5 October 2008 Social URL.

1. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

im just wondering why is it so much harder second time around on cd ? does any one actually know?

Last edited: 14 January 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

4. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am also on day 4 of a restart and I do think about food more this time than before. I used to be more motivated, I still am, but not like the first time. I don't know why it is harder this time. I hope I can figure it out so I can overcome it and make this my last time.

5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hey nightnight - I think when you first do SS it's a bit magical - it's a brand new thing that you have never done before, it takes away the need to think about food and the weight loss keeps you on a high. then you come off and when you restart, you know what's ahead of you, you know you have to give up food and for me I kept failing on the first day because I just kept thinking "oh, I think I will just have this food today because I am not going to be eating for months" and that went on for days!!

It's an extreme diet and I think it's the novelty wears off when you try to attempt a restart - until of course you start losing the weight again and feel really pleased with yourself!

Well - that's my take on it anyway! x

6. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    It is like anything new - you go for it whole heartedly with a sense of determination - second time around there is a little voice sabotaging you - "you have done this before - you couldn't keep the weight off - you failed!"
    Not a pleasant little voice but it is there somewhere!
    SO what you need is steely determination - an attitude of "right - I am going to beat this and I am going to be stronger second time around!"
    I have just done it - and believe you me I feel twice as strong as I did the first time round!
    Give yourself a good talking to and ignore that pesky inner voice!

Lots of love and you know you are going to do it
    x

7. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Hi Hun, There is a fabulous post lurking around on why it is harder the second time around...YOu should have a look for that one. It really helped me.
    I think the basics behind it were: ther first time round you are working away from being overweight and possibly depressed. I.e you are working away from being overweight. The second time round you are working towards something.
    Maybe someone cleverer than me can post the link for this post.....
    Ill keep looking.
    Taz x

8. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

9. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

... thx for reply x i did read that yr body goes into ketosis after 3 days but your mind takes 2 weeks lets hope its that xx

10. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

would love to find the post but i have trouble finding my keys so not much hope lol

11. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

ty btw u look amzing in second pic well done to you ... as for me i had to give it up to have medical stuff i was doing so well and i thought i would get back on it and carry on doing really well but i seem to want food where as b4 i was fine .... i just going to take it easy i think maybe add a meal tonight that will help lots

12. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

13. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

nadhaks - you look amazing!

14. INTHESUMMEROF69

INTHESUMMEROF69 Full Member

Its not harder second time round , its all to do with how much you want it ?

15. minime

minime Gold Member

You should read Icemoose's weekly newsletter archive, there is something in there regarding 2nd time round being harder because you expect it to be harder. The newsletters highlight some interesting points. Think the link is Mike Scott's No Willpower Required Newsletter

16. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    yep, that's the idea :)

Also the 'away' and 'to' is important aswell. You always need a 'to' :)

17. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

thx mini going to have a read of that right now

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

"away and to " ? you lost me hun though dosent take much lol

20. gailt39

gailt39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(28.78%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i was going to say the same as the last 2 posts i am a restarter and right from the beginning i was positive if we think we might fail we will but if we are positive and look to the future good things will happen once you are in ketosis it does get easier and we know those days befoe are hard but no hader than before just hard lol
    so come on all you restarters think positive we have done it once we can do it again this diet does work we know that we just have to be committed just repeat you are committed and you choose not to eat therefore this is not a sacrifice it is a way of getting what we want and we are in total control of that
    well thats how i feel and keep telling myself everyday that life is fair and choose not to eat and i am in control

21. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

gailt ty so much i hear what your saying and maybe your right .

Last edited: 14 January 2011
  22. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    :D Me neither. There's more about it on the thread that was mentioned earlier.

Basically it's about aiming for something, rather that getting away from something. Know where you are going, rather than what you are running away from..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.