why not? giving it a go again

ellie2409

I don't know how many time i'm going to have to restart another diet or another diary. This is my 8th attempt I believe, but I lost count a while ago. Weightwatchers failed for me and nobody could help me as to why. Im a big girl but the amount of points they gave me i knew was too many and i ended up putting a stone on. 5 months later i am 3 stone heavier than the weight i was after the birth of my son. I have tried vlcd that i cant stick to, i have tried slimming world, that i couldnt get on with, xenicol, lipo trim.. i have tried not eating at all but i cant do it. my self esteem is shot.. i have nothing left to give when it comes to losing weight. I figured i would go back to weightwatchers but i dont know where to start. I have all the books, but i dont know what to have.. i have all the measuring tools and scales yet somehow i feel like i dont know how to use them. I cant get the balance right between what i need to do and what i feed my family. My kids eat healthily, they are healthy and my main priority, i have forgotten what i need to do for me. I cant even do a food shop because my mind tells me i dont know what to buy.. i dont know where to begin but somehow i have to try, where that power will come from i dont know. My back hurts, my knees buckle and my hips are causing me constant pain, i have photos of me looking so disgusting i cry when i look at them.. why are these not enough for me to get my act together? I have cancelled and re activated my gym membership 3 times this year so far, i have been once because i cant bear to be seen by anyone in public. I am just about to sign up again for the 4th time. I was thinking about trying to get a gastric band but i dont want to go down that route. i need to do this for myself, i know it! i dont understand why i have such a mental block. I thought this diary might help me keep myself motivated, i doubt it will actually work but at least im getting my feelings out. Sorry to anyone that has read through this ramble, im afraid mine is not such an inspiring journey.

Hey honey, don't worry doesn't matter how many times you have started the fact is you are doing it :) my situation is different but not too disimilar.
I am a recovered anorexic. One year recovered I shot past my pre anorexic weight as most do in recovery and I need a plan to enable me to lose a little and stay on track. Like yours my relationship with food is not good. How many points are u on? Always here for motivation an to help you. I think weight watchers is the best one because they do so many ranges of their own foods. First thing first you should look at the list of foods and write down a shopping list for the week only no more because if it's there then temptation kicks in right.
I went shopping and bought
Eggs
Ww sausages
Turkey rashers
Ww wraps
Philadelphia extra light
Ww yoghurts (1pp)
Ww banoffe whip (1pp)
Ww chocolate deserts (2pp and 3pp)
Ww brownie slices (2pp)
Ww caramel wafer mallows (1pp)
Salad bag
Cherry tomatoes
Reduced sugar baked beans (2pp per half can)
Veg that is 0pp
No sugar fruit squash
Sugar free jelly (0pp) pop strawberries in when setting it is really good
Weetabix
Skimmed milk
Ww crust less quiche (7pp)
Ww fish pie (5pp)

With all these things can make many meals eg. Sausage and beans on toast would be 2 Slices bread (2pp) 2 sausages (3pp) beans (2pp) 1 teaspoon light butter for toast (1pp) so full meal for 8pp.

Try work out your meals first then full in with snacks.
Hope this helps
CLARE

Hello hun! Let me just tell you that you are HERE trying again, who cares how many attempts is takes, the fact ur still trying is what's important so well done you!!!

How many point have u been given?

Slow and steady I think will win the race for you.

Theres so much support on here, if u ever feel down or slipping out of control get ur bum on here and let us know :D

Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do, it takes time, it's and up and down rollercoaster, but with the right support u can do it

If u don't feel comfortable at the gym don't go yet?
I hated the gym as it was in public and I found it just put me off and gave up, I then got a wii and felt much better on that, but maybe just concentrate on food first then introduce exercise? The worse thing to do is put urself under too much pressure, trust me I know, I do it and it doesn't help.

Big hugs and welcome back to ww

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much ladies i really appreciate your kind words, and thankyou for the list browny85 that is really helpfuL! I am feeling really low still but think i might be able to manage this time (I pray!) i was doing the exante diet and decided im going to finish off that supply first before going to ww, just to give me a boost - im hoping that will spur me on xx

No problem honey I've just got back from Zumba and had loads of points left so had 3 ww sausages, mashed carrot and swede home made, mushrooms and onions followed by 2 ww chocolate puddings, a cake bar AND a 1 pp yoghurt and actually all that only came to 10 pp!!!! I earnt at least 4 pp today exercising so am still 2pp under :)
I hope this works because if it does I am one happy lady xxx

good luck hun with finishing exante, let us k ow how u get on xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back