Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why oh why such small loss????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Brightonrosie, 26 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone
    I have been desperate to boost my weight loss as I have an special wedding to go to in 3 weeks. I took on board some suggestions this week including increasing my Syns from 5 to 10.I have measured everything ate loads of superfree foods, varied my HEX 's switched days but . . . . . only lost half a pound !! Back to 5 syns for me unless you have any other suggestions:confused: Sorry i have put this originally in weight loss diary but got no response:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you posting a daily food diary for us to have a look at hun? x

4. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, let's have a look at your menus, that might help?

Drinking enough water? Getting any exercise? Too many bananas?

Half a lb isn't bad...it's a loss! Some of us are just slow losers. It happens. Half is normal for me - 1lb is a great loo and any more than that is amazing!

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

try davina mccall the power ofthree brillent

6. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

speed foods?

7. Brightonrosie

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All the ones with SS next to them like strawberries raspberries melon etc

8. Brightonrosie

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thank you all I will keep a food diary starting from tomorrow. Didn't try water Helliecopter good point and thanks for the idea of Davina Mcall.

9. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't be disheartened hun - sometimes when we make changes our body reacts. I changed to EE recently and only got 0.5lb off despite being really good - but I also felt stuffed all week so wasn't snacking. Also, it was star week - have you been feeling more full and therefore snacking less between meals? Is it star week? Wear you wearing different (heavier) clothes?

Don't lose heart. I am a believer in using more syns than 5 now, after advice here. My loses slowed right down as I was using 5 and picked up again when I upped them, but it wasn't right away. I feel better now too - I feel what I am on is more maintainable longer term.

I agree with others; check water intake, maybe add some cardio and look at food diary. I don't post mine on here (prob should) but I use the SW online one as it keeps track of syns etc. Didn't use that for a bit and realised I'd been counting bakes beans as free on red! This would have been spotted had I carried on using the online food diary/on here. Luckily it didn't impact on my losses as rarely eat beans on red anyway, but my point is, sometimes we make genuine mistakes that can be spotted.

0.5lb is a loss - and you should be happy. I know you might have wanted more, but it WILL happen. Hope you're feeling chirpier today x

10. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fantastic replies on here.
    Definitely up the water intake..it does help. Keep at the syns Hun...that will change, your body is just getting used to it. Keep a diary, we can have a look for you and see if you are "repetitive with your foods" (this can also slow weight loss down).

Good luck and as the others have said...you still have had a loss

11. Brightonrosie

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You guys are all so supportive. big thanks to you all xx

12. bubbles1980

bubbles1980 Member

hi all, i am new to this website but so far am loving it. very helpful. i joined slimming world 5 weeks ago and have had 4 weigh ins so far, have lost 7 1/2 lb so far and am very pleased. i have a long way to go though so will be looking at you all for inspiration :) and i'm sure i will pass some wisdom too. i did sw 5 years ago and lost over 3 stone so i do know the diet very well. just wanted to say that the goals ilovelife has set are a mirror image to my own and they are great. good luck with them and good luck to all for a great weigh in next week xx

13. Brightonrosie

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Bubbles
    if you would like to get replies you need to post a new thread under the general section as you have tagged on to an already existing thread. well done and good luck with your weight loss though x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.