WHY OH WHY ?????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by carrie58, 12 March 2011 Social URL.

1. carrie58

carrie58 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Just thought of something I do not understand.If low fat cottage cheese,quark,o%yogs etc are all free foods,then why is skimmed milk not??Any reasons?I do measure my 350mls allowance for the day for my tea/coffe,cerals,but sometimes I go a little over and this has to be synned.
    I might as well have yogurt in my coffee!!!!:))Or coffee in my yogurt.
    Query over to you peoples!!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've no idea but if everything was free then we wouldn't be able to lose weight . You have to cut back somewhere or it would be a free for all if you know what I mean.I am on maternity leave at the moment and I always use my milk allowance and I syn another 0.5 pint . I drink coffee all day long ! I guess when you get to goal you can add another HEX so I am looking forward to an extra milk allowance then lol !!

4. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Think its probably to with the fact that you could quite easily drink pints of milk ( if my OH is any indication) and therefore consume loads of calories whereas you'd struggle to eat the same volume of cottage cheese or yoghurt etc without feeling v v ill

5. carrie58

carrie58 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks Crazyfool and kingleds!!Sensible answers I guess.
    Crazyfool......we have similar goals and are at almost same weight,but I find it steady but slow.Just want to get slimmer again and fit into my lovely clothes!Congrats on your baby!

kingleds..............the thought of a pint of cottage cheese!!!That made me laugh!

But I guess one must stop somewhere!I had the munchies yesterday,ate 6 satsumas and would have had more if they were there!!I only want a splosh or more of milk now and again!
    STILL................I WILL KEEP ON TRACK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Carrie X

6. Gem_bear

Gem_bear Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh yes, that's a good explanation. I concur. :)

7. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well lets spurr each other on :D Seriously this is normally the point where I give up . I stayed the same last week and I always find it slow progress ( we don't have loads to lose )
    You can just syn your extra milk so it's no biggie but yeah I would rather spend my syns on something else . Have you considered maybe doing red / green days as you can have 2 HEXa and 2 HEXB's ? Maybe we should start a thread to keep us on track ? You CAN DO IT !

xxx

8. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there, I have about another stone to lose, so not tooooo much I suppose, but I am struggling a bit. 3 weeks ago lost.5lbs,2 weeks ago 2.5lbs whoop whoop, last week 0.5lbs again. If I only lost 0.5lbs this week I will be most upset as I am sticking 100% to plan. My c said if I am not happy with my weight loss on Monda (W I day) the she will get me to do an SAS log!!! Sounds frightening that doesnt it?

9. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    LOL - wait til she says - right lets go extreme on this last few pounds and try success express - i swear half the women in the room flinched when my C said this to someone last week at group!

Good luck for weigh in on monday!

10. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks kingleds. Well success express would be no good for me!!! I cant do ee let alone that. Got a problem with veg you see!!! And good luck to you to for your W I, lets see those lbs fly off this week. (still motivated and positive)!

11. julesm

julesm Slimming World

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(15.26%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Plus cottage cheese and yogurt fill you up more. So you get more for your calories so to speak!

Plus you can use them to make things.

12. delleh

delleh Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its to do with bulk. Its like Oranges being free, but Orange juice being synned. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.