Why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chunky_Monkey, 18 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Chunky_Monkey

Chunky_Monkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey girlies and guys, I was wondering what everyone elses reasons are for their weightloss? Is it for medical reasons? an event? Or something more unusual?

My reason is purely for my future. I have alot of things to look forward to. One of these things is being a bridesmaid for my sister next year. She has bought me a size 16 dress but I want to take up her offer and get someone to take it in by next year :D hopefully I will be half the person :)

So what are your reasons? :) xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Mine is basically because I'm not happy in my own skin.

But also, I suffer from arthritis, so extra weight doesn't help. And I suffer from Osteoporosis, so again, weight can put strain on the base of my spine!

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I have many reasons:

Health: I have a connective tissue disorder and the heavier I am the worse the effect on my joints.

Vanity: I want to look good, I am fed up of feeling like a frump

Fitness: I am a karate black belt, a swimmer and ice skater. I need to be fit to be fully effective

5. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    The thing which made me realise I NEED to lose weight, was when I was painting, and my back was killing, I was sweating, arms were acheing, I was just exhausted, and I hadn't even been painting for long - bearing in mind this is PAINTING and not a marathon! - so I was like wow, how unfit AM I :| and shortly after, I noticed my jeans were getting tighter and tighter, until they were literally bursting, and I felt so ashamed, I felt absolutely disgusted with myself, I was so uncomfortable aswell, so I decided that was the last weekend I was feeling like that, and the monday after I started Lipotrim

Also, tbh, never really had much of a love life. x) hoping once I'm slim and toned, that'll improve.

6. CCH

CCH Member

I don't want obesity to lead to me dying young down the line. I've been overweight my entire life and I'm now just looking for some sort of change. Not only will it make me feel more comfortable within myself, but hopefully will give me a whole new way of life to boot.

7. shelz

shelz Silver Member

For healthy and confidence reasons mainly. I want to be fit and healthy before my wedding in August. I want to wow everyone there including my fiance. Also want to give the babies we are going to have the best start in life possible.

I am *never* going to be overweight again!

8. LuvPink

LuvPink Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    WW
  9. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    I want to lose weight so that I'm healthy. Also because at some point in the future I want children and I dont want to be too big to conceive or be a good mummy.
    And because I want to look good! I want to be able to wear nice clothes and feel good about myself.
    Great idea for a thread by the way!

Claire x

10. scottye87

scottye87 Back after 6 years of ups and downs...

Start Weight:
    28st0lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(2.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My main reason to start with was just wanting to be healthier, I used to get aches and all those things. And was tired of it.

I also wanted to prove to other people I could do it, because I know most of them thought I couldnt and some even said I wouldnt so it just made me go and do it.

Lastly as I noticed changes, I quite enjoyed it, so I think it became partially vain as time went on too.

:)

11. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Because im fed up of being fat. I want to go to an el cheapo shop like Primark and be able to buy something that fits!! I'd save a fortune on my clothes :D

12. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

My most important reason is my health I guess, the reason i'm trying is because me and hubby are trying for our first child. So need to shift some weight for that to happen. I think once i've lost some weight my depression will ease or be easier to manage and i'll be alot happier.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.