WI Day. .. do you... ?

Annie68

Silver Member
After you've been weighed in for the week, do you allow yourself something that is 'off plan'? If so, what do you treat yourself to?

If you do, do you find yourself playing catchup for the rest of the week?

I know some members go to the chippy after class.

I get weighed in the morning and I think that if I have a treat it will throw me for the day and I'll just keep munching, so at the moment, I don't go off plan. I am only almost 4 weeks in though, so who knows what the future may bring LOL

No i don't go off plan after weigh in. I used to at my previous 2 attempts at sw however this time i have decided that i'm going to stick to it 100%. I do tend to have a green day on weigh in so that i can get weighed then have lots of syn free chips and comfort food as i tend to go red the few days before weigh in.

absolutley!!! i live for weigh-in day as i eat whatever i like :D

this week i weighed in in the morning then spent 6 hours grazing on buffet food for my leaving party. normally i'll have a pizza and some ice cream - i just have a night off plan where i don't have to count.

it hasn't affected my losses.

Well today is my second weigh day and both days i have been good all day and then have a treat in the evening, last week it was a few slices of pizza and some chocolate brownie cake,

yes i alsolivefor my weigh in day. i go to12:30pmclass then eat what i want rest of the day normally with a take away for tea. for now its working for me but i know there will come a day when i wont be able to get away with this. i lose a steady 2 - 3 lb a week and im very happy with that my dad said once why not cut out the junk on a thursday and lost maybe 4 or 5 but you know what im happy to lose 2 - 3 and have my one half a day where i feel like i can eat what i want. it only my opinion and i know everyone is different but for me personally i think it helps me too ... i cant count the number of times ive though oh i could murder a bar of choc then though nope wait till thursday and ive been really good then xxx

it only my opinion and i know everyone is different but for me personally i think it helps me too ... i cant count the number of times ive though oh i could murder a bar of choc then though nope wait till thursday and ive been really good then xxx

have to agree with you on that - that little thought 'wait til thursday' has stopped me falling off the wagon hundreds of times.

my boyfriend calls it my 'eating day'!!!

i used to believe in doing that but last week at weigh in we had a different consultant, and she said we shouldnt do it because you have a takeaway and wine or whatever and thats alllll your syn allowance for the week so if you have a bad weigh in then you will know why, cause you have had double the syns that you should. but then again i do believe you should treat yourself now n again or you really will fall of the wagon quickly!

oh yes, thursday nights equal chinese take away night! x

I don't get a takeaway but I do tend to allow myself more syns or HEs that day - an extra cereal bar and/or cheese and usually have about 20-25 syns that day instead of 15. It helps me but also means I don't 'blow it' for the rest of the week.

Technically though, as soon as you get off the scales it starts the new week! You have to find what works for you though - if it helps to have a night off aftre weigh in and you still lose weight the following week then great, I say!

2 weeks ago i decided if i managed to lose 2lbs that week i could have some hagan daz pralines & cream, but i ended up eating the whole tub,then only had a 1/2 lb lose the next week so no i no longer have a treat after weigh in.

I don't get a takeaway but I do tend to allow myself more syns or HEs that day - an extra cereal bar and/or cheese and usually have about 20-25 syns that day instead of 15. It helps me but also means I don't 'blow it' for the rest of the week.

Technically though, as soon as you get off the scales it starts the new week! You have to find what works for you though - if it helps to have a night off aftre weigh in and you still lose weight the following week then great, I say!
I do that too, i have extra HEs that day, feel that if i have too much its more that i have to work of for following week, coming up to my target so will be adding a bit more, trial and error for everyone as wer'e all different, what works for one may not work for another. Just do what works for you. xxx Loobylou

At group this week my consultant asked me if I do this. I seem to be the only one there who loses each week consistently and she asked if I do this, go off rails Thursday nights after weigh in. I said I never do because for me it's ruining the diet and I will treat myself EVERY day but within the limits of the plan - every day I'll have an ice cream or chocolate bar or glass of wine and every day I'll eat three meals of stuff I enjoy. I don't want to have to wait to have just one nice meal a week so I am lucky that when I sit down with a huge bowl of quorn chilli and SW chips and batchelors rice (yes seriously the amount I can eat is staggering) that I will really enjoy it and feel happy with that meal. Then a magnum mini or a curly wurly or a glass of wine or a bottle of magners light ...

The key for me is that I enjoy each day. Because of this I only go off plan if I'm doing it for someone else really (ie going out for a meal with someone or round someone's house) and I get good losses. Other ladies at group then said that they do go off plan after WI and they do have weeks where they STS or gain and say they don't know why but that one high syn visit to the chippy can stop you losing for the next week if you do have high syn days the rest of the week even if you are within syn limits those days.

So I think it depends on how off the rails you go after WI. If it's just 15 extra syns then I can't see it being an issue. But if you have 150 syns then it is going to be problem, surely?

Emerald
X

At group this week my consultant asked me if I do this. I seem to be the only one there who loses each week consistently and she asked if I do this, go off rails Thursday nights after weigh in. I said I never do because for me it's ruining the diet and I will treat myself EVERY day but within the limits of the plan - every day I'll have an ice cream or chocolate bar or glass of wine and every day I'll eat three meals of stuff I enjoy. I don't want to have to wait to have just one nice meal a week so I am lucky that when I sit down with a huge bowl of quorn chilli and SW chips and batchelors rice (yes seriously the amount I can eat is staggering) that I will really enjoy it and feel happy with that meal. Then a magnum mini or a curly wurly or a glass of wine or a bottle of magners light ...

The key for me is that I enjoy each day. Because of this I only go off plan if I'm doing it for someone else really (ie going out for a meal with someone or round someone's house) and I get good losses. Other ladies at group then said that they do go off plan after WI and they do have weeks where they STS or gain and say they don't know why but that one high syn visit to the chippy can stop you losing for the next week if you do have high syn days the rest of the week even if you are within syn limits those days.

Emerald
X

this is me exactly, :)

once or twice i have 2 ripples after weight in, 18 syns but within my normal syns because only have about 8 day before and day after.....;)

only gqained once in 27 weeks, but that was due to some meds.drugs i was taking....and STS 4 times.....

Always after weigh in (7pm) i eat whatever i like up to midnight, usually i would go to the pub after class with my slimming buddy, but since she has moved, i tend to just get a little takeaway or something.

I am finding that i don't need the treat to be that big anymore, and generally, it does seem a bit counter productive, but who can explain the mind of a crazed dieter :p

I'd say I relax on a day of the weekend. Seems a waste of effort to eat whatever on a Monday, aand I don't get weighed till the evening so the day is almost over anyway :)

There was a lady in my class who actually phoned the chinese to place her order JUST after she got weighed. LOL it was hilarious!

I used to have a day off (after weigh in) but was finding it was going into more like 2 or 3 days I just couldn't get back on track the day after, so now I don't bother xx

I go to the chippy after WI chips are 17.5 syns so it's not much over the normal allowance. I normally stick around 5 syns a day so it balances out over the week. Like some of the others on here I find it helps me stick to it knowing I am having a naughty night and it helps me from getting an attack of the guilts

Back