Wii Fit... the good old does it work debate!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 21 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisajane222

louisajane222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(30.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I think like anything it depends how long you work out on it for. The exercises are not really that intense but I suppose its better than doing nothing! I really like the Wii Active thats really good and gives you a better work out.
    However for someone who doesn't like/want to go to the gym I think the wii fit is a great alternitive to sitting on your bum!
    Lou

4. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Yup, I agree. I don't think it's in any way as good as going to the gym etc, but I think it's a good start for people who do nothing. I don't use it instead of going to the gym or swimming, but as an addition. Mainly for yoga and stretches.

I have just used the wii fit to warm up and then done a work out on my fitness trainer, and I have to say, I'm a bit pooped! My fitness trainer is a lot more intense.

5. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    The good thing about the Wii Fit is that it's fun so people tend to use it more; and as you said it's definitely better than doing nothing.

6. NicolaR

NicolaR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.05%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I agree that it's great fun, but I played on it for about 2 hours and was only ever out of breath when I did the running. And I'm very unfit!

The newer one, ea sports active is much more challenging but also not as much fun ;)

7. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Yup, I agree. I don't think it's in any way as good as going to the gym etc, but I think it's a good start for people who do nothing. I don't use it instead of going to the gym or swimming, but as an addition. Mainly for yoga and stretches.

I have just used the wii fit to warm up and then done a work out on my fitness trainer, and I have to say, I'm a bit pooped! My fitness trainer is a lot more intense.

8. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to disagree ladies. I'm reasonably fit ( I do a lot of walking). And I find the Wii Fit quite challenging ATM. It's making me use muscles that don't usually get exercised. I particularly like the Yoga.:)
    The one problem with the Wii, is that it's quite easy to fool it. I have to push myself with every exercise, and make sure I'm doing it correctly, otherwise I might as well just be sitting on the sofa. It's like anything, you only get out of it what you put into it.
    I do imagine that eventually I'll change to the new Wii Fitness Coach as I get fitter, but that's to be expected. And my plan is to join the local gym as soon as I get to a 'reasonable' weight. But the Wii will be staying as one of my main tools.

9. babycake

babycake Please kick my butt!!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Undecided
    I love wii fit. I get my son involved and we compete against OH to get the highest score. Any exercise is better then none. xoxox

10. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

I think the Wii Fit is good if you've never done any exercise before, and if (like me) you don't like going to the gym, or maybe swimming on your own.
    As people have stated, it's better than not doing any at all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.