WII fit

swizzelstickfairy

Do you do it? I started today and and it reackons ive lost 4LB since Tuseday...... surely this isnt right ....

Ahh i wouldn't go changing the way you weigh yourself hun, as with the wii it could change on many things like the surface you put it on, clothes your wearing on there etc etc, it's best just to stay with the way your weighing yourself and not change, but if you do want to use the wii fit ones, best thing to do is start all over, take the weight which the wii fit states and then carry on from there, but dont class it as a loss etc :) good luck i havent used mine in ages, but getting it out so i can start hula once again, oh and just dance 2 haha :D

Yeah i get weighd at a meeting so will stick to that as my reall weight loss...I loved that hula.... I did 50 mins on the Wii this morning is guess it coz its new i was trying everything did one were you do sit ups OMG!! i like it tho... I have the Wii EA active as well so hoping now i have a few things i can do ill do it more as i got of EA active all the time :)

No i go to the gym :D

Yeah i get weighd at a meeting so will stick to that as my reall weight loss...I loved that hula.... I did 50 mins on the Wii this morning is guess it coz its new i was trying everything did one were you do sit ups OMG!! i like it tho... I have the Wii EA active as well so hoping now i have a few things i can do ill do it more as i got of EA active all the time :)

Lol i was like that hun tried loads and though woaaah ive done hr already haha it is great fun! on the sit ups one, cant remember the name of it, but you bring up your legs and arms in a shape of a V hold then release! omggg it's amazing hurts but found it did me good! ... not sure if it's there already or you may need to unlock some things first to get it! :D good luck! the numbers one is good too, you have to wiggle your hips to hit certain numbers to add up to a over all figure think starts at 10 then goes to 20 etc! great hun and good for hips :D xxx

I LOVE just dance!:D I'm gonna go get the new one today.

i want itttt! :D hehe so many great songs on it this time round too!! kesha tik tok! :D can't waitttt! haha but want it to go down in price first :( ... or wait till pay day! WOO thank god for a new job lol xxx

Do you do it? I started today and and it reackons ive lost 4LB since Tuseday...... surely this isnt right ....

The Wii said my hubby had gained 1lb but when he went to the meeting he had STS.

Weighing once a week at the same place or on the same scales is always best, gives a more accurate reading, I think..

Yeah thats the sit up one... my tummy hurts now lol!!
It is gr8 tho and I love it.
Ive played the just dance b4 its gr8 fun esp with other ppl, I may have to get tho...

I ignore what my wii says about how much I weigh as its not accurate, this week it says I have lost, gained and then lost again the same 3lbs?! It also says im 4lbs lower than my actual weight! It is great for getting you more active just not for weighing. The EA active is brilliant, personally I think its better than wii fit but I do use both cause sometimes its nice to be able to breathe while exercising!

oh what is the ea active not heard about it? i do the wii fit sometimes not as much as u maybe should but would love to get just dance sounds fun i would agree with the weighing it isnt always right x

oh what is the ea active not heard about it? i do the wii fit sometimes not as much as u maybe should but would love to get just dance sounds fun i would agree with the weighing it isnt always right x

EA Sports Active is supposed to be like having a personal trainer right in your living-room.

This is what they put on Amazon.co.uk EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

"Active Fitness Made Fun & Easy— Workouts feature variety and familiar activities that target upper body, lower body as well as cardio. Start off with a run, followed by bicep curls and get your heart beating with some cardio boxing. Get fit and have fun in minutes a day!

Benefit of a Trainer in a Box—Your trainer will be the focal point of the experience guiding you towards your own version of personal achievement. Feedback will be given throughout your workout, keeping you on track to reach your fitness goals

New Way to Play— Slip the Nunchuk into the specially designed leg strap and hold the Wii Remote in your hand to track your movements from both your upper and lower body. A resistance band is also included to increase the intensity of exercises such as bicep curls and shoulder presses

Workout Your Way— Circuits can be customized to your interest and fitness level. Choose your duration, intensity level & set your own goals for calories burned and workout score

Wii Balance Board Compatibility—Get more out of your EA SPORTS Active workout using a Wii Balance Board with added functionality and physical benefits for many exercises."

You can do 30 day challenges or put your own workouts together.

You have a leg strap to wear which the nunchuck fits into for certain activities and a resistance band which you stand on and pull to do some of the other activities. I like making some of my own workouts to follow as I have one set up with activities in where no resistance band or leg strap are actually needed.

You can even do stuff with someone else, and there calories burned etc are also kept, which is something I really liked.

The boxing and baseball are my favourites (boxing is much better then on the Wii Fit)

And if you ever get bored of this there is EA Sports more workout, and also EA Sports Active 2 (the latest edition) which is coming out sometime next month, and is said to be a much more updated version including (amongst other things) a heart rate monitor and the chance to track your progress online. Its a little more pricey then the first two though.

Sorry for waffling on :eek: anyway its worth a try especially if your looking for something more like a proper gym workout (not sure anything could really beat a real gym). I prefer it to the Wii Fit but my hubby actually prefers the Wii Fit as you don't have to fiddle with putting leg straps on all the time and he thinks its more simple, to each there own.

Last edited:
Borrowing my boyfriend's brother's wii for an unlimited time and I think my bf wants to get me one for xmas - so hopefully I can keep it 'till then.

I really needa start doing exercise 'cause it's 3 weeks I've been on my diet now and I don't think I've lost anything :( I came off SlimFast and went onto WW and I think the whole 5 lb I lost on slimfast just went back on when I started eating (even though it was healthy!)

oh will be looking out for that tomorrow when shop thanks loads for the info helps loads if gym like must be good i am not confident enough to go to the gym or do i really have the time with a 2 year old and 2 older one but this kinda thing i make a game out of with my daughter she loves it alough when weighing on wii fit she likes to stand on it at same time! lol anyway thanks again x

oh will be looking out for that tomorrow when shop thanks loads for the info helps loads if gym like must be good i am not confident enough to go to the gym or do i really have the time with a 2 year old and 2 older one but this kinda thing i make a game out of with my daughter she loves it alough when weighing on wii fit she likes to stand on it at same time! lol anyway thanks again x

The EA Sports is AMAZING seriously helped to tone my legs up and got the inches off my hips :) definitely worth it, love it... just need to get my wii back together ahem :eek::eek::eek:

i love my wii got most exercise games but got just dance 2 so giving that a good hammering at the minute. i like the fact that you can do a hours exercise and not relise you have been on it for that long , also like ea active and wii fit plus as well

has anyone been play the new playstation move games? we just got it and was play the archery yesterday my arms ache today lol if u have this can u recommend any fitness games for it and to get the ea active am i right in think there is 2 of them? which is best? x

I use the wii.. just dance and ea sports active.
I dont weigh myself on it thought because unless its put in the exact same spot each time i weigh myself, it gives me a different weight.
x

Back