Will 2 bars a day kick me out of ketosis?

No I don't think so, the idea behind 1 a day is because they are like chocolate bars so they don't want to condition people into surviving on chocolate bars every day.

Hi hun, I've quite often had two in a day just due to the convenience of it or sometimes it's just to get my final pack down if I can't handle a shake or something.
It's not advised due to the chocolate bar habit as said above and I think they might have more carbs.
But I've certainly not grown an extra limb or been kicked out of ketosis from it in the past ;) Xx

I don't think the carbs are any higher. The calories are on some bars but not compared to all the meals, just the shakes. I had a variety of one of each bar on my first order to try them and find pretty much each one is a different calorie and carb content, but I've not found one that's higher in carbs than a meal pack as yet.

Packs like the shakes, oatmeal, chilli and spicy spaghetti are all around 12.5g of carbs, most bars are around 16.5g. When I was getting kicked out of ketosis every few days slim and save told me to cut out the bars and the the spaghetti Bolognaise as they could be the cause.

4 shakes would be 50g carbs

2 shakes, a spaghetti Bolognaise and a lemon bar would be over 60g

Of course there are exceptions like prailine bars which are just 10g and wafers which are 13g so it's more about the combination of packs you have in the course of a day rather than just a single pack x

When I come to buy some more stuff I'll be more select about which products I buy as I bought loads of spaghetti packs and can't eat them as I generally haven't got enough carbs left in the day to have one without risking going over 50g and thus having issues like the other week when I went back up by 5lbs. I'll buy the lower carb/calorie bars because I hardly use them but they are handy for taking out if I know I might not be able to get my last meal in at home. I've had 2 in the last 24hrs due to being out in the evening so they are handy to keep in stock.

Back