Will I gain the weight back?

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I started CD today, on step 2 810kcals. I'm planning on sticking to step 2 for a few weeks, but have surgery booked for 5 weeks time, and have been advised by my surgeon that I must be eating a healthy diet a week to two weeks prior to the date of surgery. So in 3 weeks time I should be eating healthily really...

I was contemplating following step 2 for the next 3 weeks, and then jumping straight up to step 4 and 1200kcals a day for the last two weeks before my op and then just staying at 1200kcals and switching over to calorie counting.

I did think about doing step 3 for a week & then step 4 for a week - but the book says the minimum time on each of those steps is two weeks, which is why I decided to jump straight from step 2 to 4.

All that's worrying me is that I'm not giving step 2 long enough and that going from 810kcals a day to 1200kcals so suddenly may cause me to gain some weight back?

The last thing I want is to follow step 2 for 3 weeks just to end up gaining some of the weight back, and if that could be the case then I'd rather just calorie count from the off and give CD a miss altogether.

Any advice or past personal experience from anyone?

Back