Will I get flabby skin ?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Mr Creosote, 20 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Mr Creosote

Mr Creosote Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am 44 Height 6ft 1, Weight 19st 6lbs. BMI over 35.
    Am starting LL tomorrow. Is flabby skin inevitable ?. Is there anything I can do to reduce this ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    A lot depends on how long you have been large, genetics, age,etc.

ANytime we lose a large amount there is risk. Most of us who were sort of 16 stone or larger seem to have some issues - I was 20 stone, and have more then I want.

Toning along the way should help- swimming seems to be a good choice as it uses all muscle groups. Firming creams are out there, but I am dubious of their success rate.

Bio-oil will help with stretch marks, but not much for shringking skin.

It is supposed to take many months after a loss for skin to return as much as it will, so be prepared to live with it for awhile, hoping for the best.

I am 7 months post diet, and still have a problem. In fact, in some ways it is worse then when the diet ended.

When I can afford it, I will have surgery, as I don;t think mine will go to a satisfactory level....I was obese for 25 years. Thats a lot to ask of my skin, to shrink back after all those years.

Lots to consider. Good luck to you! :)

x

4. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    in my experience you'll have plenty of 'spare' skin but not too flabby. I was 20st 6lb at start and only 5' 9" and have lost 8st (near enough). No 'flabby' bits but belly wrinkles when I tighten it. Neck has lose skin (which I can pull out to Gross-out my daughter) but otherwise pretty pleased.

5. Snorks

Snorks Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1lb(41.1%)
    I've only been on the programme for 8 weeks now and I can definitely see that my skin looks emptier if you know what I mean. Also my stretch marks are much more visible and look very crinkled and crepey. However 8 weeks obviously isn't long enough for my skin to shrink back so I'm going to applying the body oil/lotions and hoping that it'll look better with time.

I'm pretty sure I read ages ago somewhere that low impact exercises can help - pilates/yoga/swimming etc because they strengthen the tiny muscles under the skin which help pull the skin in and make it look better. Basically it's providing a bette framework for the skin to sit on. I don't know how true that is though but it certainly won't do any harm and may help you lose more weight.

6. bigtosmall

bigtosmall Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SlimnSave
    I got told that drinking plenty of water helps with flabby skin. Only been on the plan a week so no such joy of spare skin for me yet!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.