Will I still lose weight ?

suzzypoo

I started Xenical last week but wasnt taking them properly..
I started taking them this week properly but as i get paid monthly ive had to eat what Ive had left in the cupboard (payday Sat) so have eaten some things high in fat. Ive had side affects. Literally oil and runs (sorry) but havent had any accidents or spotting at all so not too bothered about the oil ect... so will I still lose weight or do I NEED to eat a low fat diet to lose ? Thanks in advance.....

I really can't answer that for you I'm sorry....
Xenical eliminates a third of the fat in each meal you eat, whether that's a high fat, or a low fat meal....
Obviously this means that some of the fat in the high-fat meals you ate this week will have been eliminated, but don't forget that the other two thirds of the fat will have been absorbed by your body in the usual way.

So what I suppose it boils down to is how many high-fat meals you ate, how much fat they contained, and whether the calories you consumed (after the Xenical had done it's job) were more than your body needed each day.

If you eat a low-fat diet, you won't get the side effects you experienced, because the amount of fat being eliminated is very small, compared to your other bodily waste.
Xenical should only be eaten in conjunction with a low fat diet, partly to avoid the side effects, but partly because you won't get the results you want otherwise.
Xenical only a helping hand really, and a way of training yourself into low-fat eating habits that will hopefully stick with you long after you've stopped taking the tablets.

So what I'd advise is to start afresh on Saturday...go shopping and check all the packets of the food you buy, to make sure it fits within the Xenical rules (5g of fat per 100g food, and no more than 15g per meal).
If you do lose weight this week, that's a bonus, but if not just take pay day as your start day, stick to the rules, and look forward to saying goodbye to those side effects!
Good luck :)
x

Back