Will I still See a Loss?

Victoria_30

Hi All,

I just wondered how illness affects different people's losses? I started to get ill on Saturday with a throat infection, I have stuck to plan and have now just been prescribed anti-biotics so hopefully I'll be on the mend soon. I suppose what I'm worried about is because I've have been/am so ill I haven't/couldn't possibly have done any excercise is that I won't lose any weight. I've basically sat on the couch feeling sorry for myself for 4 days now (with the exception of a trip to the doctors today). I suppose what has made it worse is I could'nt attend WI yesterday as my class wasn't on due to the BH although not sure I would have made it anyway to be honest. I have stayed on track I'm just dubious due to the serious lack of activity.

Do you think I will still have a loss next WI?

How does illness affect your losses?

Take Care xx

4 weeks ago I was really struck down, VERY poorly, weak and medicated and for 2 weeks I physically couldn't exercise. I stuck to plan pretty well, but ate SO much free food because I found I was hungry all the time. I gained 1lb the first week and 2lb the second week and was pretty fed up as i felt it wasn't fair. The 3rd week I was better so could started exercising and stopped tablets and lost 3.5lb and this week lost 2lb, so it was all bloat and all came off in the long run (my ususal loss is 1lb a week, so overall not too bad)

The important thing is that you get better- there is enough free food to choose from that you should never let yourself get hungry and don't have to go off plan. Any gains will soon come off if you are on-plan as these will be through lack of exercise or taking medications and therefore not be true 'gains'.

Hope you feel better soon

xxx

I don't do that much exercise anyway & still manage to loose - try not to beat yourself up about it, stay focused & hopefully next week you will be just fine :)

Hope your feeling better soon too x

Thanks!! I suppose just staying on track is the main thing when you're ill, it's a good job I have a WONDERFUL OH who has cooked some yummy SW meals for me whilst I've been poorly. The other bonus is not sabotaging my week as I have hardly left the house so am not tempted by treats. I think I'll just treat it open mindedly and if I have a loss next Monday then that would be a huge plus.

I now have anti-biotics as the ready so I'm hoping to perk up soon although I am shamefully loving watching Jeremy Kyle on loop!! (did I just admit that - my bad!!) lol

xx

depending on whats up with depends if i gain or lose but usually i still lose but not as much - i wouldn't worry if you did gain as you've been ill and your well being is more important x however you say you've stuck to plan so i reckon u will lose hehe keep us posted x

p.s i love jeremy kyle too lol

Hi,
I spent 4 weeks on the sofa as I had a knee injury and could not walk. I felt so down, but I stuck to plan 100%.
I still lost weight (in fact, in one of those weeks, I lost 5lbs)! I did miss a couple of weigh-ins, but overall, it made little difference to me.
Don't worry too much - I do understand that it is frustrating, but looking back, the most important thing was to get better.

Do hope that the antibiotics work for you. x

oh im not too bad lol but i do sumtimes rush the housework just to watch it lol eastenders as been good alately

<<< currently watching the second of a JK back to back...

WHO'S JEALOUS!!!!

It's motivating to hear that illness's in general don't effect weight loss. Today for example I've had:

Red Day:

4x Alpen Light (2x HEXB) yes I love them!!
250ml Semi (for my tea/coffee)
3x Quorn Sausage/Poached egg/Plum Tomatoes

I plan on having salmon and roast mixed veg for dinner so all in all not too bad. I may focus more on Red's while I'm less mobile as I'm not burning an calories what so ever sat on this sofa! What do you think? xx

<<< currently watching the second of a JK back to back...

WHO'S JEALOUS!!!!

It's motivating to hear that illness's in general don't effect weight loss. Today for example I've had:

Red Day:

4x Alpen Light (2x HEXB) yes I love them!!
250ml Semi (for my tea/coffee)
3x Quorn Sausage/Poached egg/Plum Tomatoes

I plan on having salmon and roast mixed veg for dinner so all in all not too bad. I may focus more on Red's while I'm less mobile as I'm not burning an calories what so ever sat on this sofa! What do you think? xx

yeah i got the double bill ready for when i get home! lol my OH hates it! i make him go away and tell him im gonna run off with jezza!!

My mum made me a poem about jezza its very sad but awesome at the same time!

Jezza jezza your so hot
your really good looking believe it or not,
jezza jezza your so fine
tell them all to get in line!
dont take no stick you tell em whats what!
jezza jezza you so rock!!

loving the jeremy kyle poem lol

Hi Victoria, I have a chronic illness and I'm on loads of meds (included the dreaded steroids), can't exercise often either but I'm still losing weight so don't worry! ;) I'm a Jeremy fan too and my OH loves the show and cooks my dinners - lol I'm a lucky lady!! :8855:

That's good to know, I suppose when you feel under the weather and are knocked of kilter you do worry about your losses. Generally I try to exercise a few times a week so sitting around doing nothing feels weird and in turn makes me feel fat :(

All your comments have helped though, thanks guys.

xxx

Hey, I was really ill..couldn't talk or swallow! All I really craved was sweet foods, and things that really weren't on plan..I didn't go in to weigh in on that week..went in the next week and weighed 1lb less. You can do it just worry about being ill and getting yourself better, the you can start again when you feel better x

Back