Will it affect ketosis?

nicci79

Hi guys

I have a quick question regarding food, Today i was cooking for the kids and i really couldn't fight the urge to try some
:( I put it in my mouth chewed it savoured the taste and then spit it into the bit (i know it is gross but i couldn't help myself). Will it make a difference to ketosis? nearing the end of day 11 and i am gutted!!!

One mouthful won't hurt, especially if you spat it out lol! x

I know it is rediculouse but now i have dont it i know it will happen again, i have been so focused up until now!

I've had worser things than just a MOUTHFUL of food, and had amazing weight losses every single week :)

Wow I'm sure u will be fine u have done so well. Sinead I'm nearing the end of first day can't imagine not eating anything for 7 weeks!!

Oh trust me i do eat lol, i always have a meal on a friday after i get weighed :) But yeah pretty much done 7 weeks on SS :) Love it though & ive had some amazing losses!

Lol, on a frday evening i have grilled chicken and salad (i had a ceaser salad from nandos a few fridays ago) also 2 weeks ago i had a footlong subway, naughty naughty, but i SS for the rest of the week and i always have good losses! :)

I'm planning on starting a keto diet in the next few days myself and I'm a little confused about what I can and can't have in my diet.
I know everybody is different, but I'm a little confused about whether I can have small amounts of skimmed milk in my diet. It only contains 5g of carbs in every 100ml, but I read on another forum that the lactose would kick me out of ketosis...but then cheese is allowed which also contains lactose. :confused:
Does anyone have any advice or experience with including milk and cheese in their keto diet?
And i'm also curious about black coffee...again, lot's of mixed comments about caffeine preventing ketosis. Help! xD

Black coffee is allowed on Cambridge, i also add granuels to my shakes.. so thats absoltely fine! I personally wouldnt touch cheese, and i don't drink milk anyway :)

This seems harder than I thought. Do they provide an instruction manual? I thought it was simply meal replacements and that's it? I haven't met the consultant yet so probably get the info then.

I don't drink milk either, but I use it to make scrambled eggs. I'm not really a huge fan of cheese but I was thinking of using a small amount to substitute the milk for some flavour. I think I'll just be on the safe side and avoid them both seeing as I won't really miss them that much :)

Lol, on a frday evening i have grilled chicken and salad (i had a ceaser salad from nandos a few fridays ago) also 2 weeks ago i had a footlong subway, naughty naughty, but i SS for the rest of the week and i always have good losses! :)
Ooh a footlong sammich sounds divine! I'm on 810 so I can have meals anyway though.

I'm planning on starting a keto diet in the next few days myself and I'm a little confused about what I can and can't have in my diet.
I know everybody is different, but I'm a little confused about whether I can have small amounts of skimmed milk in my diet. It only contains 5g of carbs in every 100ml, but I read on another forum that the lactose would kick me out of ketosis...but then cheese is allowed which also contains lactose. :confused:
Does anyone have any advice or experience with including milk and cheese in their keto diet?
And i'm also curious about black coffee...again, lot's of mixed comments about caffeine preventing ketosis. Help! xD

It depends on what plan you're doing. I don't have a lot to lose, so my CDC started me on 810 which means I have an allowance of skimmed milk, and I can also eat cottage cheese.

It depends on what plan you're doing. I don't have a lot to lose, so my CDC started me on 810 which means I have an allowance of skimmed milk, and I can also eat cottage cheese.

I don't have a lot to lose either, at the moment I weigh 8st8lbs and just trying to get rid of the chubbiness. I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what works for me :)

I personally would avoid cheese & milk where you can to be honest. If you do need to eat, chicken, protein & green vegetables. Carbohydrates take you out of ketosis. You do get a instruction booklet when you meet with your CDC for the first time, you'll get lots of info, a cambridge booklet that includes recipes & a list of foods you are allowed on each plan.

Dohnuts said:
I don't have a lot to lose either, at the moment I weigh 8st8lbs and just trying to get rid of the chubbiness. I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what works for me :)

If you're 8 stone 8 you don't need to lose anything like the 20lbs you mentioned earlier

It's just anything up to 20lbs until I reach my goal physique. It's not really about the weight for me but rather becoming comfortable with my body shape.

Dohnuts said:
It's just anything up to 20lbs until I reach my goal physique. It's not really about the weight for me but rather becoming comfortable with my body shape.

I feel
Just the same as u! All about the body shape for me as well thats another reason I have no scales lol!! X

I feel
Just the same as u! All about the body shape for me as well thats another reason I have no scales lol!! X

I don't have any scales either! hehe I'm just going to weigh myself after 2 months when I return home to the UK when hopefully i'll have a beach bod ready for summer!

Dohnuts said:
I don't have any scales either! hehe I'm just going to weigh myself after 2 months when I return home to the UK when hopefully i'll have a beach bod ready for summer!

Hy Dohnuts were abouts ru then if not uk!! Tbh we Tink a like im also not going to wi till another 4,5 weeks !! How many weeks have u been on cd ? X

Back