Will it be worth it?

Hi

this is my second attempt at the exante diet! I did cambridge a few years ago and lost over 2stone! Put it back on over the last few years so a few months ago I started exante...couldnt get into it though!

tried a dress on for works christmas party next week and felt disgusting! So this morning started in the shakes again! My heads in it this time so will continue total solution until christmas and then get sensible.

my only worry is that I have x2 events over the next few weeks -eating - that I just can't get out of! It's meals with friends and family and the food has already been preordered!!
is it just going to be a waste of time - having x2 full meals over the next few weeks or will I still lose weight?
I don't mind putting myself through it all it i will lose weight but I just don't know if the diet would work with eating?

Any help and comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks xx :confused:

I felt a little like this as I restarted Exante TS yesterday.

I've not been feeling well lately and I've just made excuses not to start, but equally, despite eating whatever I have wanted I have not enjoyed that either. I was at the stage where I'm heavier than I've ever been, low in mood and sick to death by how I look!

My thinking was there are 3 weeks to Christmas and with Exante that will probably be 10 - 14 lbs [what with the initial fluid rebalance thing!] Even if I blow it big time at Christmas I am not going to be heavier than I am now and I'm hoping that if I really do get these next couple of weeks cracked, I may even be able to have more control over myself at Christmas too.

To your specific question - I've seen others on the forum with the same dilemma and they have chosen one of two approaches:

1. Just go for it, it's just one night
2. Try to keep in ketosis by eating protein - be sensible with the alcohol if it cannot be avoided ['cause you shouldn't have any and enough of that and you lose your will power and you'll eat everything in sight!

Most of all, hang on the the fact that it's just two dinners - there will be enough 'non-dinner' days to get back on track if you are truly determined.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey and have a good evening whatever you decide.
:party0019:

I felt a little like this as I restarted Exante TS yesterday.

I've not been feeling well lately and I've just made excuses not to start, but equally, despite eating whatever I have wanted I have not enjoyed that either. I was at the stage where I'm heavier than I've ever been, low in mood and sick to death by how I look!

My thinking was there are 3 weeks to Christmas and with Exante that will probably be 10 - 14 lbs [what with the initial fluid rebalance thing!] Even if I blow it big time at Christmas I am not going to be heavier than I am now and I'm hoping that if I really do get these next couple of weeks cracked, I may even be able to have more control over myself at Christmas too.

To your specific question - I've seen others on the forum with the same dilemma and they have chosen one of two approaches:

1. Just go for it, it's just one night
2. Try to keep in ketosis by eating protein - be sensible with the alcohol if it cannot be avoided ['cause you shouldn't have any and enough of that and you lose your will power and you'll eat everything in sight!

Most of all, hang on the the fact that it's just two dinners - there will be enough 'non-dinner' days to get back on track if you are truly determined.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey and have a good evening whatever you decide. :party0019:

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your post. I thinking the exact same as you - 3 weeks TS and hoepfully loose a little - so for so christmas I can enjoy myself with being any heavier than I am now! As you say, we may even be able to restrict ourselves and not go to OTT - which I usually do at christmas!!

I just went for it last night -I did feel bad but then just enjoyed myself. I'm not hugely overweight, just very unfit! i didn't eat the potatoes - but I drank loads! Back on it today! 2 nights in 3 weeks is nothing really - compared to what I've been eating the last few months this is better than that!!

I will then do TS in the new year - I have a friends hen do abroad in May and I'm not getting into a bikini like this!! so my target is then!! Plenty of time to loose a max of 2stone!

I hope you succeed with exante - and that it makes you feel a little better!! I have to say, I always feel crap after eating lots of food, but when I'm on a VLCD I have lots of energy after the first week!!

Good luck
X

Back