Will my weightloss slow soon

downsizeme

Hi, I joined SW a few weeks ago. I am really proud of how well I have done so far, tbh I am suprised too!

At the moment I am losing 3 or 4 lbs a week anyone done tthis and after how many weeks did it slow. Or has your weightoss been pretty consistant all the way through?

It's totaly different with each person. Some at my old class used to lose consistently, whether it was 1lb a week or 3lb a week. For me hormones are a huge problem so I can have week after week of being on plan 100% but not losing. It will come off in the end so just keep doing what you're doing & well done on your good losses :)

I use this on my phone, so cant see if peoples weight are noted etc. But tends to be with any diet the heavier you are quicker u loose it, i am only on my second week and lost 4lbs n think i will loose 3.5lbs weigh in tomoz. Fingers crossed it doesnt spike lol but i guess thats a bit higher than my norm x

I've been doing SW for 7 weeks and my losses are below. I know they will slow down soon, but hopefully not for a while!

Thanks for all of the reply - I guess only time will tel!

Pickle you have done really well so far, hope my losses stay roughly the same too!

I lost my 1st 6 stone in 7 months, it's took me the last 5 to lose 1.5 stone.

there's no scientific reason why weight loss would slow down, its more likley that as people get comfortable and a bit blase with the plan the basic rules start to slip, or as you start to look and feel better you kid yourself a littl bit of this or that won't harm - well it won;t but it will slow your losses down.

I guess you have to decide if you want to take the M1 route or the scenic route :) x

wow fab weight loss - i would take each week as it comes

as long as you are following the plan it will work well x

I started of losing 5lbs and 4.5lbs then after about 6 weeks it was 2 or 3lbs and now it is 1.5 a week pretty much every week. Am happy with that and I know I could be stricter with myself and limit my syns etc to lose quicker, but for me I would fall off the wagon if I did. I maintained last weigh in but I had been out so was happy with that :)

Hope you manage to continue losing well for quite a while, but if it slows the main thing is just to keep at it, you WILL get there as long as you don't give up! x

i have only been doing it a few weeks and my amounts are below this week was a 2lb loss and that was on my * week but any loss and i am happy x hope it keeps going for you x

there's no scientific reason why weight loss would slow down, its more likley that as people get comfortable and a bit blase with the plan the basic rules start to slip, or as you start to look and feel better you kid yourself a littl bit of this or that won't harm - well it won;t but it will slow your losses down.

I guess you have to decide if you want to take the M1 route or the scenic route :) x

I'm afraid I disagree - there is a scientific reason why weight loss would slow down even if someone stayed true & didn't get blase. . It's all down to physics really, in that it takes more effort to carry around a 10 st weight than it does to carry a 1 st weight.
Basically your body will need to burn more calories/fat whilst doing absolutely nothing (let alone any physical activity) the heavier you are. . So, you start taking in less calories at say 20 st starting weight and you start losing weight - the loss will start reducing when your body no longer has to exert itself quite so much due to the amount you have lost.
That's why anyone who starts any diet with very little to lose may have an initial 'morale boosting' loss (possibly mostly water) but then levels out to 0.5 to 1 lb loss.
The above is based simply on carrying out your daily life the way you always did - obviously increasing 'output' by means of additional movement in any form can only help.

I've been doing SW for 7 weeks and my losses are below. I know they will slow down soon, but hopefully not for a while!

You've had some brilliant losses, very well done but why the sad smiley at week 8? .It's still a loss - and long may it continue for you. :clap: :clap: :happy096:

kerryathome said:

I've been doing SW 4 years and have lost quite a lot of weight. I can categorically state that in my case, yes, weight loss does most definitely slow down. Not because I've got 'a bit blasé with the plan' or kid myself about what I'm eating. I still write everything down that I eat and weigh and measure everything too. I've never been a quick loser and I'm not now but it's definitely slowed down over time and that's fine, I'm in it for the long haul and for me, no one else, so it doesn't matter how long it takes!

It has slowed down this week. 2lbs loss, am very pleased with how well it's going!

The key, I found, to keeping weight loss going, and this is personal to me, and may or may not work for you - is to keep switching things up. Switch plans, try different things, 777 week, fish week, lemon week, red, green, EE, change it around as often as you can. Your body's metabolism never gets the chance to stand still then - or fall into a routine and become more sluggish. The more variety, the better. It also helps because you dont get bored and psychologically more at risk of taking your foot off the pedal a bit.

Hope that helps!

I think it will slow down, and for most people it does.

Yes, perhaps people do get a little complacent as time goes on, but not everyone does - weight loss will still slow down.

Imagine if you go from eating a really bad diet of junk food, full fat milk, full sugar coke etc etc and then start SW, your body will think WOW and lose lots of weight in the early stages, especially if you have a lot to lose, but then your body will not be going through such major changes, it's been through the biggest one and the losses will be less in time.

Honestly though, 1-2lb a week is a very healthy weight loss. We didn't put it on overnight so it's not going to come off overnight.

I have been averaging at 3lb per week, but as you can see from my losses one weeks its 1lb one week its 6lb! What will be will be just follow the plan and you will see results no matter how small or large x

Back