will power test

lauriloo

Sat mornings are the hardest for me as my little girl has football and always asks for a cake afterwards which she never eats so normally mummy does (hence the weight gain lol) so i am sat here with my peppermint tea and her cake in front of me while she is off playing........if i get through this will be doing blinkin cartwheels lol

if it helps one i work in an airport for a food and beverage company its a killer, my office is approx 15 steps from the main kitchen...

right now im watching the rugby with my friends from college in a pub where i booked a table for us about 12-15 of us..

owner who is an old friend of mine has just sent out a rake of pizzas, chicken wings and sweet potato fries (which are my favourite treat when im out drinking)
they do this blackpudding, carmalised onion and apple pizza that me and my best friend love so my best friend is currently stuffing it into her face to get rid of it for me hahahaaha
so far no one else has noticed im not eating so long may it last!

i seriously almost murdered someone!
but my friend got my through it!

Lauriloo, you are impressive! You fought the cake and the cake did not win! I've lost many a battle over the years to a good cake. Now that you've won that battle, it will make every other cake showdown easier.

Curveappeal, I know I would have been sorely tempted by the pizza had I been there, so that's some amazing will power you have there. I have not seen friends socially since I started the diet for that very reason--my friends are fabulous cooks and I don't want to have to explain that I am not eating and deal with their concerns about that. Moreover, I do not want to be tempted by fresh caught fish, a glass of wine, homemade pasta, and a scrumptious salad. Or even just by a bowl of tortilla chips and homemade guacamole. I would reach for a chip without even thinking if I were deep into a good conversation. How difficult it must be to work in the food industry and be on a VLCD.

@Pandora I went to see fifty shades of grey last night and was surrounded by stuff while I had my water and I think I'm rather lucky ya see.. Even beforw lipotrim I rarely get anything anyway in the cinema..

I am very lucky to be honest... I am a terrible eater somwtimes only eating once a day.... Not for any reason just the way I Am...

So the likes of lipotrim really suits me... No need to eat lol... So the idea of cheating does not genuinely make sense to me...

A friend of mine there last night (very slim from slimming world) is a self confessed yoyo dieter and she was telling me she done lipotrim before and piled the weight on

She told me why though... She said she does great loses a few lbs then thinks that's grand I can afford to eat more now...

I need to get a good relationship with food on the otherside.... I don't have a food addiction so this diet for me is easy but I need to get rid of my dislike of eating..

We all have our journeys I guess

Curveappeal---Your friend has put her finger on the real danger---thinking we can carry on as before once we've lost the weight. But I am not up for the lose-it-all, gain-most-of-it-back, lose-it-all-again scenario. I know I have to change my relationship with food well before I get to the other side. I would think if you only eat once or twice a day, that would be perfect for maintaining your target weight, depending on WHAT you eat. And of course making yourself eat consistently, which sounds like a challenge.

I am thinking I need to go to a twice a day myself--and restrict carbs in favor of protein and veg. I don't love sandwich bread or pasta so that's fine, but I'd miss the odd scone, baguette or pita. So maybe carbs and protein for bfst and no carbs for the main meal. I love green smoothies loaded down with greens, seeds, and some veg, then a bit of pineapple, banana or mango thrown in for flavour. So getting healthy levels of veg and fruit is not a problem. It's all the grab and snack eating I do around that. I'd rather grab something quick (and unhealthy) on the go than plan a meal and cook it. Well, that will be changing. I plan to ask myself before I take a bit of anything--do I really want to wear this? For me, this is going to be the real challenge--not losing the weight but keeping from gaining it back.

Well done- I think these non scale victories are just as important as those if not more so long term!

Back