Will-Power Wanted

K311y

Hello, I am new here. This is hopefully going to keep me on the straight and narrow. Hopefully by the end of it i will also be narrower too :eek:
I have been living in canada for a while now and my weight has been up and down. I need to take control before it drives me crazy!
I have had enough of faffing around and enough is now enough! (though the cupcakes in my fridge disagree!)

I have been on slimming world that past couple of weeks- last week I lost 2.2 pounds which I was very happy about HOWEVER this week I decided to branch out a bit with my food (I made chilli with tinned tomatoes, quorn mince, onions, peppers, grated carrots, mixed beans and peas). I made a large batch so one night had it with brown rice, the next with brown pasta and last night I had a few SW roasts. This morning I had a sneak peak on the scales (official weigh in is tomorrow on Saturday) and the scales are reading almost 5 pounds up!

How is this even possible??? I have always been wary of eating rice, potatoes and pasta. The way I have lost weight in the past is to eat like a rabbit. Last week, when I lost weight, I mostly had a bowl of veggies for my tea with some bisto (which I syned), followed by fruit. This week like I said I branched out after reading peoples dairy’s saying they were eating all the pasta, potatoes and rice the wanted, yet I seem to be gaining at a rapid rate! I have written down everything I have eaten and haven’t gone over my syns. I have been eating quite a bit of fruit but I wouldn’t have thought it would have made me gain that much. I run 2 or 3 times a week (only a newbie so manage between 5 – 7k a run at the mo) and I am always moving about at work.

I seriously feel like crying! And as today here in Canada is national cupcake day I really want to honour the day!

Back