Will slimming world work again?

jennibells

Hi all :)

I done slimming world last year and lost over 2st, i went travelling and have been back since march and have put on 10lbs, im still eating slimming world dinners and mostly lunch and breakfast is on plan.

Im planning on rejoining group next week and i guess the question is..will it work? Seeing as i wont be making drastic changes to my current diet? Xx

Your initial weight loss may not be quite as drastic as someone who eats a lot of junk, but yes, you will definitely lose weight!

It will still work but the losses may be slower.

Each time we restart SW, the changes aren't as drastic as the last time as some of the habits stay with us, so we don't make as many changes to our eating habits.

Thanks guys, im going to rejoin group tomorrow - i think i need the 'pressure' of being weighed each week to keep me on track, will be good to go back to get all new info too :) x

I'd never done SW before, but have done lots of other similar diets and ate very healthily all the time, so I was really sceptical at first that I would lose anything at all. I seemed to be eating more of the foods I avoided, such as carbs, and the only real change was cutting my fat and sugar intake (of which was already minimal). But 4 weeks on I've lost half a stone! Its not a ground breaking amount, but its what I expected as I wasn't having to cut out junk or stop eating biscuits, but I guess the small changes do make a difference as your body changes the way it uses the calories, so I'm really impressed and happy.

I'd say give it a go! You might only lose 1lb a week, but even then you'll lose your weight by September!

Well take the simple principle that your calorie use must exceed your calorie intake the any diet which uses this will work. So if by restarting slimming world you cut down on some of the junk you snack on or make changes to what you eat for the better p, then yes it will work, however since the changes won't be so large the initial loss will not be so large :)

So...It works! first week back and ive lost 1.5lbs, not a massive loss but im happy - if it continues at atleast 1lb per week ill be back at target by the time my holiday comes around :) really happy and feeling motivated!

Exactly what happened to me - yes my losses are small compared to others but it is going.

I'm on my third time rejoining SW and each time I left I kept the weight I'd lost off, so it definitely works! But as time went on decided I wanted to lose a little bit more. I've always tried to stick to SW principles but the weekly weigh in and Image Therapy really help me focus and stick to plan compared to trying to do it on my own.

Heey guys. I'm new here, and i only joined s/w online today with my mum so we'll be starting the diet tomorrow. Will be having a takeaway tonight, not sure if you can have them on s/w? I was also wondering if s/w accually works? how much did you guys lose in 3 months when you first stared?
thaank yoou!:)

You can have a takeaway but just make sure you count it in your Syns. I don't eat many takeaways so I can't give any advice on a low Syn option!

I lost 8 lb in my first week, I'm now in week 9 and I've lost 2 st 2.5 lb. So yes, it absolutely works!

i think SW will work if you have the focus and want it to work.

Following the plan to the letter, and doing food diaries keep you on track.

Good luck x

Hey guys

Thanks for all the possitive responces and advice! :)

so week 2 went really well with 4lb off!

but then weighed in on Wednesday and gained 1/2 :(

I had been trying to save up my syns as i have a dinner tonight which i have minimal controll over and had also stopped having any carb with my lunch - as a result i had been pretty dam hungry all week - after reading a few threads ive considered that maybe i wasnt eating enough! and after my big loss my body has been holding onto everything i can get.
Im going to start a food diary so would be great if you guys can pop by and check on me :)

Thaanks

Back