Will the Atkins Work for Anyone?

LucyMcD

Hi,

I've struggled with my weight for many years and have tried many different WL plans and products with varying success though I've never done the Atkins. I want to start again in the new year so am currently looking at the options as I don't want to fail again.

The main reason I have been put off the Atkins is that I am not overly keen on the idea of consuming large quantities of fat that appears to be the case.

I apologise if I appear ignorant as I haven't done much research and this may not be the case at all. I will do some reading up but wondered how you all find it?

Thanks
Lucy

Fat burns fat. Although not directly related to atkins there is a very good book on amazon called Trick and treat by Barry Groves. It helped me understand why my body runs so much smoother when I limit my carb intake. I love pasta and rice but its all about not eating too much too often x

I think the i portant thing to understand is whether you dont want to eat fat because you've been told by so many people for so long not to or because you actually dont like it (and body tells you so!)

If the former - give it a go and you will be pleasantly surprised by how much you can enjoy food with fat - it tastes better and saites your appetite
If your body cant deal with fat - perhaps try dukan which is low carb and low fat

Good luck

Back