Will you stick to Slimming World on Christmas Day?

FatGurlSlim

Hi All,

Just wondering who will be eating a SW friendly Christmas lunch? I already know that I won't be (however, it will be my first Christmas as a vegan, so by default I won't be eating as much as I don't eat milk choc, cheese etc anymore!)

If you know you won't be having a SW-style Christmas day, will you be sticking with the plan up until the day, or will you end up having a few days off?

I plan to stick to the plan until the 23rd, then have a couple of days off, but try not to go too crazy. Or, I may just flexi-syn on the day.

Very interested in hearing other people's plans!

xx

There's already a couple of Christmas threads, one called "Christmas" and one something like "what happens to your diet over Christmas"

Thanks! I did have a look, but am clearly a moron because I couldn't find them!

We are going to a hotel on Xmas day for dinner so I'll be having the day off plan but I ain't going to be one of those people at class who spend every week for months after Xmas saying "I'm still trying to get my Xmas gain off".

Back in 2010 when I did sw before it was ridiculous how much people would put on, after all it's only ONE DAY so I have no idea why people feel the need to eat and drink like crazy xxxx

I think I'll try to stick to the plan (as best I can).
We are having lunch :eating: with my family and Mum, Hub, Auntie and S-I-L are all dieting too so should be quite easy to do so.

As I am at target I intend to just eat what I want on Christmas Day, but the rest of the time I will be on plan except when we go out. I will try however, to make good choices on the "eating out" days. And New Year Eve we have decided to stay in as things are so expensive and we will just have a take away and a nice bottle of something. As we never do this, it will be a treat and we are looking forward to it. :)

Il be sticking to the plan at christmas, as il be at target next xmas i will have a relaxed one next yr, but this yr i am still at work ;) Planning on making some low syn treats to get me through it xxx

Nope! And am EXTREMELY happy about it! One day off won't hurt...just like one day of bad eating didn't make me fat! It's gonna be a free for all...in-laws for the day, we've got cheese for a cheeseboard and lots of choccies...getting bailies and got some bubblegum flavoured vodka too!!!

I have decided to give myself Xmas Eve ( as we have a tradition of having friends over and having a takeaway and getting drunk on Xmas Eve!), Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day off... Seems like a lot but I simply can't be on plan those days as I will be at friends/ families houses who haven't a clue about Slimming World and like everyone keeps telling me- its Xmas! You should enjoy it and eat what you want, just don't go too mad!
After all, life's too short to be on a diet at Xmas, right?
( Would like to add I've just given myself a "week off" as it was my birthday and having reached 2 stone off just beforehand, was chuffed I only put on 2lbs in a week when I ate chocolate (and lots of it!) every day!)

I shall enjoy Xmas this year and then get back on plan in the New Year!

X

We will be having a sw Xmas here but it doesn't make a lot of difference to me. I have been told I HAVE to relax on the plan on Christmas day, I shall be forced to. So I am having a Flexiday of a limit of 50 syns, if I have less that is fine but at 50 I stop. With 5 syns on all other days. My usual Wednesday weigh in has been moved to Friday morning which is my birthday and I have planned to have toad in the hole for tea but that's it. :) really proud of planning but still setting limits so I can enjoy myself without any guilt and without trying to get thr gain off until Easter then get another gain and try to get that off until Xmas and so on as I have seen people do.

I'm far too close to my final target to fall at the last hurdle I may flexi-syn a little but nothing that will jeopardise my weight loss that week (trying to lose 6lb before 2013)!

Nooooooooooo! I'm making Christmas dinner this year for my family for the first time, I want it to be fabulous & won't be @being good" on Christmas day, it's a day off in my house. :)

Nope. 'Nornal' people don't do anything different! In my eyes it happens once a year- mayswell enjoy it. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and NYE will be totally off plan. The days in between I highly doubt I'll be 100% but won't be eating for the sake of it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

maybe the trick is to prioritse which things are most important? To me, it'll be cooking potatoes and parsnips in goose fat (only do this once a year), having the bread sauce, as much gravy as I like and the cranberry sauce. I'll only manage a smidge of Christmas pud anyway! I'll go for Christmas ham and egg for brekkie, the other days will treat myself to scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Both these brekkies on plan anyway...
I'll try and keep track of syns on the other days - e.g. when people come round for mince pie and mulled wine. We're going to bake mince pies, yule log, some sort of cake etc. It wouldn't be Christmas without this stuff. LOTS of exercise too (lovely an hour or so after Xmas dins anyway to go for a walk). NYE will prob be having my Mum and Steve over so plan to do lots of drinking, and plenty of nice food and cheeses. I think I'll just have NYE and Christmas day off, try and stick to plan (or within syns even if it means saving up) for the other days. Boxing day = cold meats and massive salad so should be ok...

Nope not a chance i thought abt it but its only once a year so im going to have our regular xmas snd new years lots of food and chocolate but not alochol im quiet happy to have diet coke every night xx

I think having a flexi day will work best for me! That way I won't feel like I've totally lost control and just keep eating all over the holidays!!

i will stick to plan till xmas eve, xmas day is my 40th so im not sticking to plan, plus we are going to my parents and her xmas dinner is the best, will get back on plan boxing day though

Back