Willou's Diary - Started 3.2.09 comments welcome!

willou

Hi Guys, hope I'm not going to send you all to sleep with this diary but I really, really, do need help and advice as I'm doing this alone and have a book from around 7 years ago!!

I'm aiming to lose a stone by the end of March (is this realistic???) and I'm allowing myself a maximum of 7/8 syns per day - Any comments on this goal and my syns allowance would really be appreciated.

Day 1 (Drunken Disaster) Green Day

Breakfast:

HE(a) milk
HE(b) porridge
Red fruits (free)
Syns: Small handful of nuts & raisins (not worth it, but hadn't realised they were counted as syns - thought I was being super-healthy!!) 3.5

Lunch:

HE(b) Wholemeal bread
tomatoes (free)
baked beans (free)
Syns: 2 fried eggs 2

Snack:

Banana (free)

Dinner:

Spaghetti (free)
Syns: Bolognese 2.5

Drunken Evening:

5 glasses wine (minimum) 22.5
2 vodkas 5
mixer 5
Lion Bar 10 - I always eat chocs when I'm drunk :(
Cheese triangle 2

TOTAL SYNS: 52.5 :eek:

Down but not OUT!!! :cool:

Day 2 - Red Day

Breakfast:

Syn: Low fat yoghurt 0.5
Red fruits (free)
Banana (free)

Lunch:

Lean steak (free)
Peppers
Onions
fromage frais (for sauce)
HE(b)Baked potato
HE(b)Olive oil

Dinner:

Same as lunch, but served with
Syn: Rice (not whole grain) 5

TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 + missed my HE(a)

Day 3 - Green Day

Breakfast:

1 Pear (free)

Lunch:

Baked cod (free)
Roasted Vegetables: Beetroot (yes, its really good roasted!) carrots, onions, garlic, cauliflower (all free)

HE(b) New potatoes - although only tiny amount in with roasted veg, so will have ryvita for snack later

HE(b) Olive oil

Dinner:

Chicken breast stir fry with carrot, onion, garlic, green beans, cabbage, fresh herbs (free)
Syns: Pilau rice 3

HE(a) 190 ml semi-skimmed milk with
Syns: 2 tsps Chocolate power (Cadburys) 2 ??

TOTAL SYNS: 5

Last edited:
Hi Guys, hope I'm not going to send you all to sleep with this diary but I really, really, do need help and advice as I'm doing this alone and have a book from around 7 years ago!!

I'm aiming to lose a stone by the end of March (is this realistic???) and I'm allowing myself a maximum of 7/8 syns per day - Any comments on this goal and my syns allowance would really be appreciated.

Day 1 (Drunken Disaster) Green Day

Breakfast:

HE(a) milk
HE(b) porridge
Red fruits (free)
Syns: Small handful of nuts & raisins (not worth it, but hadn't realised they were counted as syns - thought I was being super-healthy!!) 3.5

Lunch:

HE(b) Wholemeal bread
tomatoes (free)
baked beans (free)
Syns: 2 fried eggs 2 - Did you use frylight for your eggs?? If so- they are free Hun.

Snack:

Banana (free)

Dinner:

Spaghetti (free)
Syns: Bolognese 2.5 - was bolognase homemade and what was in it to make it 2.5 syns??? If you use Quorn mince on a Green Day its free.

Drunken Evening:

5 glasses wine (minimum) 22.5
2 vodkas 5
mixer 5
Lion Bar 10 - I always eat chocs when I'm drunk :(
Cheese triangle 2

TOTAL SYNS: 52.5 :eek:

Down but not OUT!!! :cool:

Day 2 - Red Day

Breakfast:

Syn: Low fat yoghurt 0.5 - If you switch to Mullerlite yoghurt, they are free and there are new flavours that contain bits of chocolate the only one that has 2 syns is the Cherry and choc one.
Red fruits (free)
Banana (free)

Lunch:

Lean steak (free)
Peppers
Onions
fromage frais (for sauce)
HE(b)Baked potato
HE(b)Olive oil

Dinner:

Same as lunch, but served with
Syn: Rice (not whole grain) 5

TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 + missed my HE(a)

Day 3 - Green Day

Breakfast:

1 Pear (free)

Lunch:

Baked cod (free)
Roasted Vegetables: Beetroot (yes, its really good roasted!) carrots, onions, garlic, cauliflower (all free)

HE(b) New potatoes (you need to not guesstimate, as this is where it will all fall down!!) - 1 syn per ounce. - although only tiny amount in with roasted veg, so will have ryvita for snack later
HE(b) Olive oil

Dinner:

Am planning on Chicken breast perhaps in a curry with rice (will need to be synned if this is the case)but haven't decided yet.

Hi Hun...please see my comments above. I have gone through it thoroughly and your meal choices are great, but you need to be more specific with quantities otherwise you could be having more or less than you should and this could effect your weight losses.

Ps, please dont think I am being too picky!!! Lol, I would rather see someone getting the most from the plan and doing well than someone that is really depressed that things arent working out for them.

Kerry-Ann
xx

Please don't even think that Kerry-Ann, I posted so that I could get advice - I'm over here in France with very old book so I need all the help I can get and I really appreciate your taking the time for me...

I posted earlier today, I haven't been able to get hold of fry light - French people think I'm crazy - we have olive oil with everything!! I'm going to keep searching but in the meantime, I'm going to buy a "spritzer" spray bottle that I'll fill with olive oil - do you think that's ok??

Everything in my diary is home-made - I love cooking :) The reason I added 2.5 to the bolognese was that I had counted it as a green day because of the spaghetti ??

Muller light yoghurts I can get, I actually prefer natural yoghurt but the ones I have in my fridge don't say whether they are extra light - I haven't done a proper supermarket shop for this diet yet but I will do in the next couple of days, then I can be absolutely sure of syns. I also think the Muller light might be a great solution to when I get a sweet tooth.

I know you're right with what you say about weighing foods but I don't have any scales - another thing I am planning to buy by the weekend.

I know I'll have to count the syns for the rice but as I've had none so far today, that's going to be ok.

The main thing I need to do is get hold of the most recent information for SW as my book is so old - I think I'm going to join online as suggested to me by the lovely Taz from this site. Then get the scales and find the Oil Spray but in the meantime I'm going to keep going and not use excuses to wait for another day....

I said in my post that I wanted to lose a stone by the end of March but in fact I want to lose a 1.5 stone. I'm exercising daily too - I didn't have the confidence to even walk near the beach last year (I live just five minutes away) - I so want this year to be different.

Thanks again for all your help and please do look in on me from time to time if you get the chance.

Day 4: Red Day - 5 January 09

Breakfast:

Porridge HE(b)
190 ml Semi-skimmed milk HE(a)
Red fruits - free

Lunch:

2 x homemade hamburgers, fried but without using fat allowing 0.5 syns each???
Syns: 1
Tomatoes - free
2 x poached eggs - free
Syns: 20g french bread - allowing 2

Dinner:
Planning to have
Chicken curry with vegetables (free)
Rice 3
HE(b) olive oil

TOTAL SYNS: 6

What is in the burgers to make them syns? When I make burgers, I just have the mince beef, mustard powder, herbs and an egg (all syn free), I suppose if you are using french mustard there would be syns in it.
French bread is generally about 5 syns too depending on your portion size.
Semi-skimmed milk allowance on a Red Day is 250ml Hun, so have some more!!! Lol

As for the oil in a spritzer, I would do that and count it as 1 syn each time. Its a far better option for you doing it this way as if you are anything like me you would tens to use too much oil in the first place!

I love France, go at least 3 times a year, especially for the Le Mans 24hour car race and then travel around France camping with Hubby and Daughter.

Do you have a non-stick frying pan? I found I could make fried eggs with the tiniest bit of oil at all in a non-stick pan, with the heat on low.

I have a spray for olive oil which I use for roast veg, but before I got it, I used to put a bit in the pan and then wipe most of it out again with a piece of kitchen roll, so the pan's coated but it stops the egg sticking to the pan.

This is the website for the distributors of frylight FRYLIGHT
There's an international section and a link to France, so you might be able to call and see if anywhere stocks it. Although it does say olive oil at the top, so it might be a false lead!

Fry light is just sunflower oil though, so if you can get that (I'm sure you can...I have just been looking on the Leclerc website!) you could do the wipe trick :)

:eek: ive just started slimming world this is my second day yesterday i had 6 sins? if i keep to this every day would i lose a decent bit of weight ?

I added the syns for the burgers because I'm trying to be ultra-strict after my fall off the wagon the first day!!! - When I buy meat at the butchers, I take it home and trim it completely. When I buy burgers from the butchers, he takes the steak and minces it, trimming off most of the fat but not all....I'd rather count higher syns than too few - or am I being too fanatical??? My fear really is that as I don't have so much to lose (1.5 stone) it will be really slow for me and I'll give up...I'd rather take a bit of pain and see some results the first time I weigh myself. What do you think? Thanks again Mrs V for taking the time to look in on me - I'm in the South of France and I love it too xx As for the oil suggestion, I actually have sunflower oil in my cupboard that I used for fish n chips (in the good old days!!!) so, if that means less syns, I'm sure I can start using that for a lot of things instead of olive oil (which I am addicted to)..That's twice you've helped me out Hellie (running programme yesterday) - I really do appreciate it.xx

Day 5 - Green Day - 5 January

Breakfast:

1 Original Ryvita
Cottage cheese
beetroot

Lunch:

Wholewheat pasta
cheese HE(a)
Fromage frais
Boring but saving syns for v&t this evening:

Snack
2 wholemeal toast
1 Laughing cow triangle
marmite
Banana

Getting ready to go out - not sure if I'll eat anything else and will count the syns once the evening is over.

WEEK 4 - Not posted for 2 weeks - one week in bed with flu, the second in UK for a holiday. During these two weeks I have not been following my diet properly - especially the week in the UK when I drank loads of alcohol, ate Burger King, roast dinners etc. I didn't give up completely though and I am so pleased with myself today. I now weigh 127lbs - so I've still managed to lose 6lbs!!! YAY!!! So, I'm back on the wagon and going to be very strict with myself especially now that I know for sure this diet really does work.....

Day 1 Tuesday 24 Feb

2 boiled eggs
3 x Ryvita HEB
2 x laughing cow light HEA

2 x fish fingers - 3 sins
baked beans

Mash with creme fraiche light 2.5 sins
roast courgette & beetroot
Olive oil HEB
Gravy 2.5
1&1/2 jammy dodgers 6

TOTAL SINS 12

Day 2 Feb 25

Fat free yoghurt

Baked potatoe
salad
cottage cheese
tuna

Dinner is going to be fresh grilled fish with veg

Hi Huni!
Glad to see that you are back and trying 100%
Just two things looking at your plan....what Rivita are you having as I know you can have 4 original ones as a HeB. Also Laughing Cow lights are 4 (I believe as I have 6 extra light ones) for a HeA.
You need to make sure that you are having the right quantities as otherwise they become syns and your weight loss will be less than it should be.

Awww thanks for looking back in on me!!!! I've been looking everywhere for Laughing Cow extra light but they don't seem to sell them - I was wondering if these are actually extra light as they are packaged differently here - these are 7% fat - 145kcal per 100g - is that more than extra light in the UK? (here's hoping!!)

Good news that I can have a couple more of those anyway as I read in a post today an idea for using them with mashed potatoe, which I thought was a great idea - then I thought of using them with jacket potatoes too. So your advice will come in handy :)

The Ryvita are multi grain but to be honest, I get pretty fed up with them after 3 - I think I'm going to make sure to buy fresh multi grain bread from now on, then I can have toast with the Laughing Cows as butter substitute.

Really happy to be back on track - I hate the guilty feeling when I'm not trying! - but I was so relieved that I'd still managed to lose some - it was the first time I'd weighed myself since I started on 3 Feb. If I had scales at home I'd drive myself mad with weighing all the time - I've been down that road and its not fun...the thing that has really made me happy is that I've really enjoyed watching what I'm eating - its hasn't felt as if I'm dieting, more that I'm taking better care of myself. Also, I've really cut down on alcohol (all too easy to have wine with every meal here) which is something I've been meaning to do for ages.

Thanks again for your help - it means a lot to me.xxx

Wednesday 4 March RED DAY - Week 5

Been very bad in keeping my diary but not too bad in terms of what I've been eating, although a little too much alcohol recently and no exercise for 2 weeks :(

New resolution to fill in diary every day and to exercise every day too (to cancel out vino)

Breakfast
2 bread HEB
mayo (tiny bit) 1 syn
thin slice edam cheese HEA
salad

Lunch
Jacket potatoe HEB
Cottage cheese
salad

Roast chicken
mash made with low fat yoghurt 3 syns
gravy 1.5 syns