Winklepip's Nine Weeker - 63 days

Winklepip

Hello there! Last year I managed to lose a lot of weight on CWP. It felt ruddy marvellous!
But a few pounds were gained here and a few there and I can't bring myself to look at the scales. It seems I am not the reformed night binger I thought I was. Because the gains are from "secret" eating, the shame for me is far greater than say, eating too much on holiday. I'm guessing it's about a 20lb gain, but I'm not ready to look yet, so I have no starting point for my stats...
Thing is, I feel much worse than I did when I was nearly 17 stone :confused: I feel I have failed myself. Despite losing weight on the outside, the battle on the inside really wasn't over, maybe it never will be.
So I have given myself nine weeks to sort it out and vowed during that time to face up to the fact I'm always going to have a difficult relationship with food. But I'm not buying bigger jeans because of it. My clothes feel awful.
I'm drawing a line and saying no more to the awful pull to stand in front of the fridge with it's contents all lit up at night and start a *big* cheese, nuts, olives and peanut butter session.
I realise that I can't eat the bars. I'm not a crazy one for sweet things (only when there is big doses of PMT going on!) but they are so nice to chew. However, they trigger something in me and I recognise this now. They send a solid food message to my brain and I then struggle so badly.
Minimins helped so much during my weight loss. I read your diaries and posts every night without fail whilst I guzzled my water! You all helped more than you'll ever know :)
I know what I need to do. So instead of lurking, I'm putting myself on the line now. And whinging a lot too!
There's a lot of awesome things happening in September and I need my clothes to fit again and regain some confidence. I was supposed to attend a work do tonight but didn't turn up because of the likelihood of photos being taken. I don't want to go back to making excuses again.
But first, I have to survive a family holiday and then the school hols where my growing kids just eat and eat all day and grow taller and taller (how does that work??!!)
Day one then, is done. Thank you for reading x

Well done for making the decision to give it another go! And remember we're all stronger than we think......just stay focused on the prize, head down and crack on!! Summer holidays are going to be hard (I know for me they can be stressful! ) but we can do it together! Good luck! X

Its is tough but you know its worth it.xx.

i think the thing with CD is it takes your brain longer at adjust to the weigh loss than your body takes to lose it.lo.

keep going hun , your doing just great.xx

Thanks! You are right minecraftmum about the brain catching up! I think after I lost my weight, the brain actually packed up and went on a round the world trip! That's a good loss for your first week :)
And cheers Sophiesophs, yes we are all stronger than we think, we have to just unleash our potential! Your losses are great too!:)
Day 2, is done.

Thanks! You are right minecraftmum about the brain catching up! I think after I lost my weight, the brain actually packed up and went on a round the world trip! That's a good loss for your first week :)
And cheers Sophiesophs, yes we are all stronger than we think, we have to just unleash our potential! Your losses are great too!:)
Day 2, is done.

thankyou.x. good luck.xx

Well the family holiday was a failure in terms of staying focused!
However, I got back on the horse and I'm 100%, glugging back the water and on track. I still can't face a weigh in.
TOTM been and gone for this month though, so that will help for another three weeks.
Keep going everyone.

Well done for getting straight back to it.xx onwards and downwards now hun.xx

try and make yourself WI as at least you will have the boost from the great losses you will get.xx

keep up the great work.xx

Thank you Willpowerwoman! - please send some my way!! Today has been pretty much spot on but previously I just don't know what I've been thinking in order to sabotage myself so badly -AGAIN!!!!! :( Why?Why?Why? I will keep going tomorrow and set some mini goals.

Goal 1 - To get through a whole day without stuffing "a bit of" XYZ in my mush. Just products, water and lotsa coffee.
Goal 2 - To get back into raging Ketosis! (has to be raging!)
Goal 3 - To be ready to weigh myself
Goal 4 - To complete ONE week 100%

That will do for now!:)

Thank you Willpowerwoman! - please send some my way!! Today has been pretty much spot on but previously I just don't know what I've been thinking in order to sabotage myself so badly -AGAIN!!!!! :( Why?Why?Why? I will keep going tomorrow and set some mini goals. Goal 1 - To get through a whole day without stuffing "a bit of" XYZ in my mush. Just products, water and lotsa coffee. Goal 2 - To get back into raging Ketosis! (has to be raging!) Goal 3 - To be ready to weigh myself Goal 4 - To complete ONE week 100% That will do for now!:)

Good plan! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did it despite being a total stress pants of a day.
Grrr. I had 0% Greek Yoghurt (you know the one) as a meal and soooo much fizzy water.
There is no peanut butter in the house, so I'm happy about that. And for once, that *isn't* because I've eaten it!! :D Lightbulb moment - stop buying it!!
Colouring my hair and painting my nails whilst I read through Minimins and keep very focused. I wish I had the mindset I had this time last year.
I am going to have a very serious think as to how I can harness it once again. I hope everyone is battling on and winning xxx

Huzzah and hello to August! Faced the scales late on during yesterday and they said...drum roll: 12 stone bang on :mad: I screamed a bit and felt a surge of determination.
Today 3lb less and a pink stick.
Doing lots of mind workouts ie. strengthening the "no thanks" mental response whilst lounging around between running back and forth to the loo.
I have left August free of any social events other than coffee, so I don't even have to negotiate anything at all. It's a bit of a grim prospect, but I need to do this!!!
Wishing everyone an awesome month ahead xx

Pounds lost on this journey to return to goal weight:

:D:D:D

I did it despite being a total stress pants of a day. Grrr. I had 0% Greek Yoghurt (you know the one) as a meal and soooo much fizzy water. There is no peanut butter in the house, so I'm happy about that. And for once, that *isn't* because I've eaten it!! :D Lightbulb moment - stop buying it!! Colouring my hair and painting my nails whilst I read through Minimins and keep very focused. I wish I had the mindset I had this time last year. I am going to have a very serious think as to how I can harness it once again. I hope everyone is battling on and winning xxx

If you can do it on a bad day winkle you can send do it on an average one :)

Willpowerwoman! Wise words indeed. Thank you xxx
Feeling good and the ketosis is raging!
Another pound gone and surrounded by food today.
I went to an artisan deli type place today and was drooling everywhere (bibworthy) Made a lot of mmm's and ahhh's, but left trumphantly with an empty bag and an empty stomach!

:D:D:D:D

Willpowerwoman! Wise words indeed. Thank you xxx Feeling good and the ketosis is raging! Another pound gone and surrounded by food today. I went to an artisan deli type place today and was drooling everywhere (bibworthy) Made a lot of mmm's and ahhh's, but left trumphantly with an empty bag and an empty stomach! Pounds lost on this journey to return to goal weight: :D:D:D:D

Fab YOU should be called willpower woman!!! :)

Ha ha! Not sure about that WPW!:D I know that the olives and me will be reunited one day ;) Just not too many, not too often!
Feeling good today at seeing 11st 8lb on the scales and working through a big fat To Do list.
Spent some time yesterday looking through photographs (ranging from 17st to 10st!!) and thinking about how I *perceived* myself to look at the time.
Aiming for a stonkingly productive Monday!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok so today I'm having a wobble (not just my tummy, upper arms etc!) and having to work hard to hang in there:confused:
But, I'm staying strong and thinking about the autumn ahead and being able to button up the old favourite coats again.
Something Martha on the diaries section said is really sticking at the forefront of my mind and helping so much is to choose myself over the food.
So simple, but they are always the best :) Things like that make Minimins so utterly great.
There are five weeks left now. Well, 36 days to be precise! I wonder if I can get back to 10.7 ???
I agreed to have my photo taken last night at an event instead of avoiding being seen, which is, I reckon, a step in the right direction (though I have yet to see the picture ha ha!!)
Have a good, positive day everyone. Keep going xx

Still hanging in there.
Today the scales said 11st 6 3/4lb:eek: It's my standard hungry week (week 3 of cycle sees me ravenous,sure you needed to know haha), so I'm going a bit crazy truth be told!
Cooking all day for kids and shopping when not cooking!! The boys have huge appetites.
Hope everyone is doing well. It's flipping hard some days! xx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D .... and a quarter!

Back