Winter Boots recommendation

NumNumPigsBum

"The Stig" Pig
I am shopping about for some new winter boots. We're going on holiday in 7 weeks oop to the north of Scotland so I thought I would treat myself to some new boots. My others are totally wrecked after the winter we had last year. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I've been trawling the net for days and keep getting conflicting reviews on ones I like.

Must have features are

1)warm
2)waterproof
3)good tread
4) mid calf or knee high
5) comfy

Budget ideally would be £60-£70 or below but could persuade the hubby to stretch to £100 if they'll last :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

x

I saw an Asda advert in a mag and they had some brown leather ones for 38.00 looked quite nice

You should check out camping & general, or ski type stores they will have more 'ruggedised' boots which will be made to last, be warm and comfortable. They do have some decent type styles, I need a new pair for winter, and not worried about fashion when it comes to keeping warm and dry :)

Boots are so blinking expensive! I suppose though if they're going to last I wouldn't mind forking out, it's the fear of them falling apart that puts me off lol

They look very cozy and "grippy" Feelina!!

Matalan always do a good cheap range of boots. They last,mine Ugg a likes are 3 years old. I have proper UGGS for best though.

Im lusting after a pair of these this winter: Skechers Lace Up Boot | Ambrose Wilson

093ft71201c.jpg

But I do have a nice pair that I picked up in Blacks camping shop a few years ago.

I have these and I can't recommend them highly enough! Warm enough for cold days, good enough tread for icy days, stylish enough to be fashionable! The only downside for a holiday in Scotland would be that they are suede and wouldn't cope very well with muddy terrain!

I am on my second pair of rocket dogs now, not the ones on your link but the plain black ones, and absolutely love them. They're not waterproof as such but have a lovely pair of knee high, zip up, leather doc martins for the wet weather which are so comfy. I love boots, and would wear them all year round if I could get away with not looking like a complete tool x

I am on my second pair of rocket dogs now, not the ones on your link but the plain black ones, and absolutely love them. They're not waterproof as such but have a lovely pair of knee high, zip up, leather doc martins for the wet weather which are so comfy. I love boots, and would wear them all year round if I could get away with not looking like a complete tool x

I didn't think they'd be waterproof to be honest but they were reasonably priced and will do until the snow of doom hits in winter. A good excuse for me to buy another pair that are waterproof too ;) I'm just excited at being able to fit into a pair of "skinny" jeans and wear boots over the top. Never been able to do that before due to my Jurassic Pork calves :D

Love it :)
Hope it's all quiet for you tonight, you will need your strength for the next escapade lol

Kron said:
Love it :)
Hope it's all quiet for you tonight, you will need your strength for the next escapade lol

Numnum
Ooops sorry, was supposed to replying to your diary, not sure what happened there lol.....

I'm just excited at being able to fit into a pair of "skinny" jeans and wear boots over the top. Never been able to do that before due to my Jurassic Pork calves :D

"Jurassic Pork calves" love it!!! My calves have never really been the problem, my thighs are only just starting to shrink though, so finally can wear skinny jeans and boots without looking like I have turkey drumsticks for legs! Seriously, huge huge thighs, somewhat normal calves and then clown feet (size9!), I actually cringe when I look at some photos from last winter!!! x

Oh Kron, you make me giggle :)

My thighs are hideous too but I have giant hips which disguise them. Porky calves are a bit harder to disguise. The kind of look like overfilled sausages when trying on boots.

Pop into Blacks for waterproofing cream!

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware there was such a thing. What an inventive world we live in :)

Back