Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

Well done on the losses so far!!! keep at it - your diary is inspiring me! :D so thank you wolf! x

Today's been a bit mad ahead of OH's birthday tomorrow but here's today's menu. Better late than never! :)

Breakfast:
Smoothie - Oats (half HeB), banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Chicken and speed veg soup

Dinner:
Baked haddock, mixed veg, new potatoes (3 syns for white sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 6

It's unlikely I'll make it on here tomorrow but I should be back Thursday! :)

Never tried it but woman at last weeks group where on about it . You can have a lot more and they where saying it's nice on cereal as has a nutty taste

Random question- does almond milk taste nutty? And can you use it in tea and coffee? Tempted to make the switch from cows milk...
It's got a slightly nutty taste, yeah. It's divine actually. I originally started using it a few years ago when I was trying to cut down a little on dairy and have kept using it ever since. I love it for porridge and smoothies especially but it's nice in tea/coffee too. I even like it as a drink on it's own! The only time I've found it doesn't really work is if you want a completely milky hot chocolate. Heating the almond milk in the microwave seems to make it go "gloopy" and it's yuck to drink then.

Wow, okay, finally made it back on here! The last week has been a bit nuts! :eek: So, bad news first . . . I put on 1 lb last week, due to my day out in London and OH's 40th birthday (which also lasted more than the planned day, due to friends wanting to do stuff involving cake and alcohol. Drat). I have a horrible feeling that I'm not finished paying for it either but I've been fully back on plan since Sunday so if I can mange to even STS I'll be ecstatic lol. Thankfully, I don't have any major social things happening for a while now so I can just put my head down and get on with it, distraction-free! :)

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Selection of cold meats (3 syns for some chilli dipping sauce) and some fruit

Dinner:
Chicken curry

Snacks:
Fruit, glass of apple juice (2 syns)

And today is going a little something like this:

Breakfast:
Oat porridge (HeB) with almond milk (HeA), fresh fruit and honey (2 syns)

Lunch:
Leftover chicken curry

Dinner:
Meatballs and pasta in passata & mushroom sauce (3 syns for parmesan, 2 syns for sugar in sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (remaining HeA & 2 syns for sugar)

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
Bit speechless this morning . . . had a loss of 5 lb, taking me past my 1.5 st award, which I was NOT expecting and can't figure out! o_O It certainly didn't start off the best of weeks but I did try to compensate where I could so maybe that's what's done it. So, I'm confused but happy lol.

Spent the day clothes shopping with my daughter yesterday and it's definitely motivated me. Saw so many lovely clothes that I would have bought if I was back to a size 10. I did buy myself some new size 16 jeggings though. I'm currently still a size 18 but some of my 18 jeans and leggings are starting (just a little) to get loose. :)

Here's todays food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Chicken and speed veg soup

Dinner:
Slow cooked chicken and mushroom casserole with new potatoes (1 syn for cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit, apple juice (2 syns), herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Last edited:
I joined a Slimming World facebook group the other day. It's a huge group so I thought there might be some good ideas in there but all it seems to be is people asking for the syn values on a huge range of sweets, deserts and processed junk food. It really doesn't seem that any of them have grasped the concept of clean, healthy, home cooked meals. :confused:

This forum is SO much better! :D

@freakydarkstuff haha that's exactly what I've been doing too! :)

Right, here is today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Baked potato topped with left-over chichen & mushroom casserole (1 syn)

Dinner:
Friday night fakeaway: Homemade beef burger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with spicy wedges and salad (2 syns for marg, 3 syns for mayo, 1 syn for chilli sauce)

Snacks:

Total syns: 10

Planning on starting some exercise next week and using this as motivation! :D

a9b3b49ee07dc2acbca369adb9341576.jpg

5487414_orig.jpg

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (most of HeA)

Lunch:
Hard-boiled egg on wholemeal roll (HeB) with some salady bits (2 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Slow-cooked Irish Stew: lamb, potato and lots of speed veg

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (remaining HeA and 2 syns for sugar), herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 5

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (most of HeA)

Lunch:
Smoked mackerel (3 syns) with wholemeal roll (HeB) with some salady bits (2 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Slow-cooked chicken and bacon casserole with lots of speed veg and new potatoes

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (remaining HeA and 2 syns for sugar), herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 10

So, totally failed at starting exercising today! Sigh. My time management sucks and I've had an annoying day on top of that. Food-wise, I've kept in my syns (on days like this I just want to stuff my face) BUT I have had rather a "stodgy" food day. So, not perfect but at least not fallen off the wagon!

Breakfast:
Oats porridge (almond milk 2 syns, honey 2.5 syns)

Lunch:
Cold meatballs with chilli dipping sauce (2yns)

Dinner:
Tuna pasta bake (1 syn) (cheese topping using HeA + extra cheese for 5 syns)

Snacks:

Total syns: 14.5

Terrible lack of speed in there, I know, but I'd rather eat stodgy free foods than go mad with syns. At least there'll be lots of broccoli in the pasta bake! :p

Last edited:
Food for today:

Breakfast:
Oats porridge with fresh fruit (almond milk 1.5 syns, honey 2.5 syns)

Lunch:
Leftover beef stew

Dinner:
Cajun chicken soup with cottage-cheese/smash scones (HeA plus 6 syns for 3 - I syn them because it's technically a tweak and I also like a little marg with them)

Snacks:

Total syns: 12

That pasta bake sounds yummy. I ate so much cheese while I was away!

Back