Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

Weigh in this morning and have lost 2.5 lbs. Considering that my syns over the weekend were higher than my average and my water intake has sucked, I'm quite happy with that! :D

Meals for today:

Breakfast:
Oats porridge (HeB and most of HeA) with fruit and honey (2 syns)

Lunch:
Grilled chicken & pasta salad (3 syns for sweet chilli sauce)

Dinner:
Pasticcio (fantastic pasta dish from the SW Family Feasts book) (3 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (leftover HeA and 2 syns for sugar)

Last edited:
Well done on the loss Wolf! :D woopwoop x

Thanks guys. :D @SunshineSlimmer I'll definitely try that, thanks! :)

What's in the pasticcio? I'm intrigued x
It's soo yummy! It's beef mince (or quorn if you prefer), with grated carrot added (I add more than the recipe for extra speed), cooked in passata with various spices. The pasta is rigatoni with a white sauce (made from stock, cornflour and framage frais). Once the mince has cooked it goes into a casserole dish. The cooked pasta is mixed with the white sauce and goes on top of the mince and the whole thing is baked in the oven until the top pasta goes crispy! :eating:

Here's today's food. It's interesting how I find myself using more syns on really dark, gloomy days like today. I guess it's the comfort food aspect!

Breakfast:
Smoothie - Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Leftover pasticcio (3 syns)

Dinner:
Homemade beefburger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with SW chips and salad (2 syns for marg, 2 syns for chilli sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 10

Tomorrow is going to be a little challenging. OH and I are out all day as we're going to the London Boat Show. I'm planning a filling breakfast and a super quick, easy, tasty evening meal (because I just KNOW I won't feel like cooking otherwise) but lunch is up in the air as I have no idea what sort of food places will be available.

Here's tomorrows food in advance, because I might not have time to get on here:

Breakfast:
Oats porridge (HeB and most of HeA) with fruit and honey (2 syns)

Lunch:
Unknown/eating out

Dinner:
Spaghetti Carbonara (3 syns for parmesan cheese)

Snacks:
Fruit

Total syns: Potentially all 15

I've been playing with a model viewer today ( modelmydiet.com ) and it's really fun to get a visual comparrison of your starting weight compared to your goal weight! :D

Here's mine . . . 18st4lb vs 9st7lb!

I've been looking back through old photos today and ended up looking at my photos from a holiday to Florida in 2014, the holiday that inspired me to join SW the first time. Looking at the photos now, I realise I lost nowhere near the amount of weight I wanted to and I really don't think I'd been commited to it at all. I'd given myself about 6 months to lose around 7 stone, which is crazy. I think I managed about 2.5 stone in that time, which is much more realistic. I regretted not losing more once I was on the holiday, of course. As they say, hindsight is always 20/20. :rolleyes: After the holiday, I lost what little motivation I did have and eventually stopped going (not getting along with my counsellor didn't help either).

This time around I am much more prepared and committed! Whilst I am still losing weight for a particular event (yay wedding!) I'm making a real effort to set equally important goals along the way AND afterwards. I've given myself 16 months to lose around 8 stone, which is still intense but much more realistic. I've yet to work out what weekly weight I need to be averaging but I think knowing that number will push me to try even harder so I need to do that too. :)

Last edited:
I've been looking back through old photos today and ended up looking at my photos from a holiday to Florida in 2014, the holiday that inspired me to join SW the first time. Looking at the photos now, I realise I lost nowhere near the amount of weight I wanted to and I really don't think I'd been commited to it at all. I'd given myself about 6 months to lose around 7 stone, which is crazy. I think I managed about 2.5 stone in that time, which is much more realistic. I regretted not losing more once I was on the holiday, of course. As they say, hindsight is always 20/20. :rolleyes: After the holiday, I lost what little motivation I did have and eventually stopped going (not getting alone with my counsellor didn't help either).

This time around I am much more prepared and committed! Whilst I am still losing weight for a particular event (yay wedding!) I'm making a real effort to set equally important goals along the way AND afterwards. I've given myself 16 months to lose around 8 stone, which is still intense but much more realistic. I've yet to work out what weekly weight I need to be averaging but I think knowing that number will push me to try even harder so I need to do that too. :)
If you lose 2 lbs roughly a week you would be flying towards that target. I am aiming for 4.5-5 st before my birthday in December. So similar weight/time frame, half a stone per month. We can definitely do it. I like going onto the "skinny" clothes websites and looking at the clothes I wish I could fit in. It helps keep me on track a bit.

Well, yesterday ended up being a MUCH longer day than planned so I decided to flexi-syn it, as that was easier than trying to work it all out! :rolleyes: Was a great day out though, loads of very beautiful boats to look at and we saw the boat we'd like to get if we ever sell our current one so that was nice too! :)

Back with it today, here's today's food:

Breakfast:
Banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA) smoothie

Lunch:
Hard-boiled egg on two brown rolls (HeB plus 12 syns)

Dinner:
Spaghetti Carbonara (2 syns for parmesan cheese)

Snacks:
Fruit

Total syns: 15

Feeling yuck today. Star week happened and I just want to eat comfort food and sleep! :(

This Wednesday is my OH's 40th birthday. He's off work so we can spend the day doing something fun (daughter has taken the day off too). Since it's a "big" birthday, I obviously can't ban or limit foods as that would be a bit mean. :rolleyes: I have, instead, asked nicely if we can limit all bad food to just one day, rather than make it a weekend-long binge like we've done in the past. OH is absolutely fine with that thankfully. But that still does mean a whole day of cake, lunch out somewhere, a meal out for dinner and just generally bad food in all directions. :eek: I can cope fine with one flexi-syn day a week but two might be pushing my luck a little! lol. I'm going to try and keep my syns lowish today and tomorrow in the hope that I can balance it even a little! :rolleyes:

Here's todays food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie - Oats (half HeB), banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Chicken and mushroom casserole (1 syn for cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit, dried fruit (half HeB), cold meatballs, herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 4

Back