Woman claims she can't afford to eat healthily...

Caz

Repeat Offender
'I can't afford to live healthily' says £600-a-month benefits woman who lost weight after free gastric band surgery | Mail Online

This is ridiculous!!!! It's actually really annoyed me. The answer isn't eating weight watchers junk instead, it's not eating so much!!! It's just ridiculous, how is that ok? She shouldn't have been given the gastric band because she obviously has absolutely no desire to do something about her weight, at all!! There are so many people who are desperate to lose weight and change their lives, but I don't think she cares at all. She's still 22 stone, and yet still is doing nothing about it!

*rants and raves a bit more then shuts up*

Pffffft.

Oh. My. God. I am so cross!

"I only want £100 a month more".

Get a job then! Lazy mare.

I understand that she has depression, and that it's a hard thing to live with, but her weight won't help that! That's a proven fact!

I'm a student so I get about £6000 a year. I'm entitled to no benefits of any kind. Over the summer, I haven't been able to get a job, but there's no help available to me. Yet somehow I manage. If I can manage, so can she!!

If she doesn't have enough money, cut all that crap out! I understand you don't always feel like an apple, but who cares, deal with it! If you've got to 38 stone, then gastric banded down to 22, that's a huge gap, but she's just got to go up and up. She put back on a stone in 3 weeks!

It just annoys me so much that some of us are desperately trying to lose weight and get a healthier lifestyle while people like her make it worse for overweight people and people think we're all like that!

OMG do you reckon we could all claim for extra money cos we want chocolate, crisps and our hair done.... that is outrageous she needs a good kick up the arse I hate people that are permanently on the take. Has she heard of walking, its free, aerobic and really helps to aid weight loss????

Sorry this post has really got my back up. I have spent years writing DLA appeal letters for people who really need the money and should be entitled to it!

Difficult one, I spent my entire twenties in total denial that it was my fault that I got big. I used to blame everything and everyone otherwise I might have to admit that I had done something wrong.

I hope she realises that she is in control of her life and her choices eventually and that will then be when she unlocks the doors and moves on with her life.

TBH, she's acting like a spoiled brat. :(
If you really want to loose weight, it doesn't matter how much money you get.
They should have saved the money for the gastric bypass to someone who actually wanted to lose weight.
She pisses me off. -.-;

OMG!!! thats awful......
She hasnt been through anything so she doesnt obviously know what its like to lose weight as she was just given an operation.
If you go through the journey yourself you know how hard it is to lose and rewarding to. Its sick to be honest x

Good grief, what a complete waste of skin she is! I used to live in a pretty rough part of town and I used to see people like this all the time. I was going out to work every day, to a fairly low-paid job to pay the bills (I don't do unemployment very well...) and when I'd come home from a hard day's graft there would be the scroungers, sat on their doorsteps drinking their booze and smoking their fags... It used to piss me off no end because it was right in my face, they had no intention of changing their ways, it was easy for them. They'd laugh about it, and go down the pub most nights, and they'd always manage to get their dinner from the chippy or the pizza shop at the end of the road (that was deadly for me, *far* too convienient...) yet there was me working my arse off to pay for the stuff we needed. At least I bagged a promotion at work and managed to move on in my life.

Sorry, that turned into a rant...

Difficult one, I spent my entire twenties in total denial that it was my fault that I got big. I used to blame everything and everyone otherwise I might have to admit that I had done something wrong.

I get that, I do. It's taken me up until I'm 22 to decide to really do something about it. But there's a difference between ignoring it and having a gastric band fitted but carrying on just as normal. She obviously has no desire to change her life, or no obvious desire anyway. I just don't understand it really.

I hope she realises that she is in control of her life and her choices eventually and that will then be when she unlocks the doors and moves on with her life.

So do I!

Somebody like that has probably been brought up on rubbish food, and that's all they know. The problem these days is that people think that everything can be done for them, and they don't have to do anything for themselves - the 'benefits culture' is one of the outcomes of this twisted thinking, but unfortunately it's become so entrenched that it's going to be virtually impossible to stop some people thinking that the world owes them a living.

However, there's always been wasters and there always will be - it's just that these families get splashed all over the media these days, which brings them to our attention. In previous years, we just didn't know about them! :)

OMG!!! thats awful......
She hasnt been through anything so she doesnt obviously know what its like to lose weight as she was just given an operation.
If you go through the journey yourself you know how hard it is to lose and rewarding to. Its sick to be honest x

To be fair, the article does say she lost 8 stone on her own BEFORE the gastric operation.

Yeah but she's also put on a stone in 3 weeks!

I could put a stone on in three weeks I reckon. If I lived on space invader crisps and the like.

I am not condoning it though!

To be fair, I hadn't spotted the end of the article that said she'd done that herself actually!

See it's not her weight issues that annoy me. We all understand how things can escalate and she has (at least initially) done something about it.

What annoys me is that as she is getting healthier she is expecting the government i.e tax payers i.e me to pay her more benefits. She CAN afford healthy food - an apple costs about the same as a packet of crisps - she just doesn't CHOOSE to buy it. So she wants our money to get a better variety. Tough titty. Eat what you can afford, and if that is apples then so be it!

However, there's always been wasters and there always will be - it's just that these families get splashed all over the media these days, which brings them to our attention

Yeah good point. I wonder if she got paid for her 'magazine' interview, and I wonder if she declared the income lol

Bah, I'm coming across all right wing here. It's just that living amongst people just like this for so long it kind of skewed my opinion a little...

See it's not her weight issues that annoy me. We all understand how things can escalate and she has (at least initially) done something about it.

What annoys me is that as she is getting healthier she is expecting the government i.e tax payers i.e me to pay her more benefits. She CAN afford healthy food - an apple costs about the same as a packet of crisps - she just doesn't CHOOSE to buy it. So she wants our money to get a better variety. Tough titty. Eat what you can afford, and if that is apples then so be it!

Hear hear Guru

I am not right wing either, I would just like to point out. And I realise that that article is in the Daily Mail which means it's bound to have a certain viewpoint (and I would never usually read the Daily Mail). But I stand by what I said about her.

Back