Wondering whether to change from sw to ww?

prettykins

Hi everyone

I've been doing Sw 4 weeks now. I want to lose around 2.5 stone. In 4 weeks I've lost a total of 4lbs :( and I've mostly been miserable and waking up physically in pain with hunger. I have ibs too and Sw seems to have triggered an episode of it .
I'm really considering ww. I've always done Sw before, and I know it does work when you stick to it, but I'm going over syns by a few each day and I'm losing nothing. I'm really not enjoying the 'plan' at all, but I really want this weight gone.
I'm eating the same stuff all the time, pasta/salad/quorn etc. I know it'd work if I put some more effort in.
Is weight watchers easier? I'm going hungry a lot on Sw because I just can't think of what to have, or I don't have the right ingredients in.
I did try ww about 7 yrs ago and I remember being hungry all the time and not losing anything . I know it's changed a lot since then though.
I would love some advice :)

Thanks x

Hiya iv changed from Sw to ww, I find ww to have more variety and easier to plan meals even when in a rush u can have what u like as long as it's within your points, I did Sw for 2 years altho the weigh loss was good I felt bloated all the time and was over eating becase I was allowed so much pasta etc.. Having to eat so much fruit and veg was another thing I didn't like I was forcing myself to eat fruit which was turning me off it! You will get hungry on ww but it's how u use ur points allowance if u eat junk food then ul have less points for a good balanced meal so it's about making wiser choices! Hope this helps a bit :) x

Thanks Kirsty . I know what you mean about forcing yourself to eat all the fruit/ veg on Sw. I've been eating stuff I don't really like, just to try and stick with it, but in the long term I don't think I can keep it up.
Ww seem like it'll be more convenient, I think I'm definately going to try it .

:) x

Ive been doing sw since march and although I have lost weight im struggling and stressing about what I can eat.ive spent the last few days doing ww (have books from when I lost 8st with ww) and ive veen less stressed, less bloating and dont feel hungry. Good luck with which ever plan you choose x

Thanks honeybee.

I got bloated on Sw too. I put 3lbs on in one week a while back, and that was after a week of being hungry all the time :(
I'm going to give ww online a try, I'm looking forward to a change :)

X

I changed from SW to WW as I just wasn't losing on SW (I wasn't actually sticking to my syns though!!!) I do love the SW plan and I've lost lots of weight on it before, but since joining WW this time I've not looked back, I love it! It really suits my lifestyle now, I'm enjoying the freedom to have what I like and although I'm not losing very quickly, I am steadily losing, so I'd say give it a go and see how you get on. :)

I'm in the same boat, Ive lost a bit loosely following SW but when I follow WW i actually lose more weight, if I go back to the SW way of eating the weight just creeps back on, I find it so frustrating watching the scales go up each time, I feel so fed up yo yoing. It just seems the unlimited carbs is my downfall, they just make me gain :sigh: so it looks like I'll go to WW in future, I hope I don't feel too hungry!

Hello

I would actually prefer to do SW because I love the food optimising way of eating however, I don't lose on SW!!

I am subscribed on line to both of them because I keep thinking I will go back to SW but then in my heart I know I will be disappointed. So tomorrow I will start WW again, knowing that if I stick to the plan I will lose around 3lbs in my first week and then a constant 1-2lbs thereafter.

What could be better than that!!

I lost 2st2 on WW then went off the rails a bit for 6 months and put nearly a stone back on. I've been following SW for 12 weeks and have lost 12.5lb.

I was very pro SW initially but actually looking back I don't think it's working very well for me. I had much better losses on WW and the portion control is much better too so I am seriously considering coming back to what I know. I am back at the lowest weight I got to on WW so it seems like quite a good time to convert back! I'm pointing this week (thankfully I still know what my points allowance was and have the calculator) and will see how I get on when I get weighed next Thursday - if the loss is 2lb or more I'm definitely coming back. The greatest loss I have had on SW is 1.5 and I've only had that once! Most weeks I lose 0.5 or 1lb which is disappointing considering I swim 3 times a week too!

So fingers crossed for a good result with WW peeps :)

I didn't lose much on Sw either, was 1 or 2 lbs a week, bit disappointing and hard to keep motivated.
Even my first week I only lost 1.5lb and was t enjoying the food at all, I was just eating things for the sake of it.
I've always stuck with Sw in the past as I did really well on it but that was about 10 yrs ago now :(
I've got about 3 stone to lose, and would be ecstatic to lose even a stone before Xmas. I've not started yet but will be joining ww online next week.
Good luck everyone :) x

I tried slimming world for over a year and was determined to lose weight, but I could never really stick to it! - I lost weight when I stuck to it, but that wasn't very often and my consultant was a pain tbh, so now I'm doing ww online.... It's going okay so far just tracking points on the app knowing I can have almost anything suits me and my lifestyle.

Hi guys can i join in ?? I have done SW on and off for a while everytime i leave i return a stone heavier , the mind set of free food is nit goid for me ,,, i just ate for the sake of it!!! I have git the pro pounts calculator and books, but thinking of joining a class on thur just to start me off, what daily points are most people on ??? And is it stll an extra 49 per week ??

Hi guys can i join in ?? I have done SW on and off for a while everytime i leave i return a stone heavier , the mind set of free food is nit goid for me ,,, i just ate for the sake of it!!! I have git the pro pounts calculator and books, but thinking of joining a class on thur just to start me off, what daily points are most people on ??? And is it stll an extra 49 per week ??

If you send me your DOB, Height and Current Weight ill work out your allowance. I'm guessing you're female lol x

Thanks for replying , weight 12st2lbs , age 39, 5ft1inch,,, i am small and round lol,,, i am debating whether to join a glass or do it from home ,,, the support on here is far miore inspiring xx sorry dob 210174

Thanks for replying , weight 12st2lbs , age 39, 5ft1inch,,, i am small and round lol,,, i am debating whether to join a glass or do it from home ,,, the support on here is far miore inspiring xx

Hey. It's 26 Daily PP plus 49 Weekly PP. I got to Goal using Value Diary and Minimins :) x

Thanks serena that is really helpful!! I just need to get my bum in gear ,,, just another question ... Hiw do you all split up your points through out the day , ie how many for breakfast , lunch dinner erc etc , any advice????

Thanks serena that is really helpful!! I just need to get my bum in gear ,,, just another question ... Hiw do you all split up your points through out the day , ie how many for breakfast , lunch dinner erc etc , any advice????

On 26pp I use 3pp for Breakfast, 4pp for Lunch, 10pp for Dinner, 6pp for an Options and a Full Size Choc every night. That leaves 3pp to add to lunch or extra snacks. X

Hi again:) I've just started today and I'm struggling already. I've not really had time yet to sit down and go through it all ( I joined online) I'm used to doing Sw, I've never done ww. I've just put about 5lb on in the space of two weeks so not feeling great. Anyway, can anyone just give me some tips like what's filling and low points for breakfast ? Im on 26pp per day and also used about 10 weeklies today too :( x

Thanks

Hi again:) I've just started today and I'm struggling already. I've not really had time yet to sit down and go through it all ( I joined online) I'm used to doing Sw, I've never done ww. I've just put about 5lb on in the space of two weeks so not feeling great. Anyway, can anyone just give me some tips like what's filling and low points for breakfast ? Im on 26pp per day and also used about 10 weeklies today too :( x

Thanks

My Breakfast is normally either 6 Melba Toast with EL Cheese Triangle (2pp Total) or now the weather has turned cooler I have Flavoured OSS (3pp as I make it with Water). I know lots of girls on here have Crumpets too. X

Back