Wonky fruit and veg back on supermarket shelves after EU clarification

Jim

Big Boy
Consumers will now be able to buy fruit and vegetables bent and knobbly as nature intended when EU regulations are clarified this week.

Yes, but they buggered it up in the first place didn't they!

LINK HERE

Hi Jim
The is no harm in bent and knobbly fruit and veg we`ll still eat it hun . At the end of the day its still good for us . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Oh i will Margaret :D

This is very good news, i think. As healthy eating can become very costly. No one knows what it looked like once it been, chopped, grated, blended etc

I jst get annoyed thinking of how much food was thrown away because of stupid EU regulations.

I'm not sure one should be entirely blaming the EU ..... the supermarkets may have a major (if not larger) part to play in it I suspect.

I'm not sure one should be entirely blaming the EU ..... the supermarkets may have a major (if not larger) part to play in it I suspect.

I totally agree with you CC.

Portugal is in the EU but in the supermarkets fruit and veg are not as perfect looking as in England. They are not of uniform size either. As all fruit and veg are sold by the kilo, you get all sorts of sizes and shapes of say peppers or cucumbers. So you buy what you want. In the markets you get local gardeners selling their produce and no EU regulations there.

Good point, but it did apply to smaller greengrocers as well.

Back