Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Working away 9-14 March - Any ideas

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by rebecca1608, 4 March 2011 Social URL.

1. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am looking for some help/advice.

I am have been doing the RC calorie plan since January and feel i have been doing ok. I have got much better at planning meals and making the right choices.

My concern is that I will be working at crufts from the 9th March to 14th March and dont want to put on all the weight I have lost. I have worked here in previous years and ended up putting on lots of weight in the week.

We are staying in a hotel which provides a full english in the morning, i then have to get my lunch from a catering place in the NEC, (sandwiches and bitas like this). then dinner is at the hotel too. Also every will be drinking. I really want to do the best i can, but i am worried that the best i can will still not be good enough.

Does anyone else work away a lot and have any advise.

Thanks - sorry for the long post!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. The Moog

The Moog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.74%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and willpower
    I have periods where I do work away from home and balancing food is quite difficult.

I tend to have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast - it's an option in most hotels I stay in. Alternatively, I'll have the scrambled egg and smoked salmon.

Lunch - I'll often grab a salad from Boots or somewhere. Or if I've had a heavier breakfast I'm not that hungry, so I'd just have a bit of fruit for lunch. Soup is relatively low on cals as well, so that's often a good bet if you can get your hands on that.

Dinner - I'll have something light - chicken or fish. I avoid desserts and generally finish off with tea or coffee if people are having dessert.

As far as the alcohol goes, I'm rapidly becoming a fan of slimline tonic with imaginary gin. I don't think a bit of alcohol hurts.

You deserve some fun while you're there, and a couple of lbs gained aren't the end of the world. You can always shift them when you're home.

4. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for the advice, I really want to do the best I can! I am most worried about lunches as I know there is a number of sandwich places and a subway! not much choice at the NEC. Hay i'm gonna be positive and I'm gonna do it!

Thanks again.

5. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Have a look on the subway website - they have some good low cal options

6. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh Just checked out the subway menu! there are a couple of things there.

Thanks lots

7. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks to every for the advice. I think I did ok, bit too much wine but had water with it too so not as much as it could have been. Menu was limited at times, but hay I tried.

Got wi tonight so will let you know how I get on. I will be happy with a loss of any kind.

Fingers crossed.

8. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Good luck! Let us know how you got on.

And Moog - Slimline tonic with invisible gin - I have to get on that!! haha!

9. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I lost 0.5lb tonight!

I gonna be honest now and say i'm not sure if i'm happy about this or not. I guess I should be. I just have to look at it as I know I was better than I could have been and I could have put on a lot of weight. Roll on next week, lets hope it is a big loss to counter this one!

Thanks again for all your help.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.